Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heads up - England v Wales in the Euros...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
...is a 2pm kickoff on Thursday June 16th. Probably been mentioned elsewhere already, but it had completely passed me by till I just checked now. First day back at work and I'm booking my holibobs, so that's one day I'm having off.

That is all.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've applied for tickets. It's only a short hop over the channel. Annoyingly though the England allocation is the smallest of all games due to being played at some little french ground so no guarantee of getting them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That Thursday is a cracking day of soccering. Our game is followed by Ukraine vs Northern Ireland, then Germany vs Poland.

I feel a long weekend coming on.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
...is a 2pm kickoff on Thursday June 16th. Probably been mentioned elsewhere already, but it had completely passed me by till I just checked now. First day back at work and I'm booking my holibobs, so that's one day I'm having off.

That is all.
Prince among men. Thank you good sir.

(I'm playing fast and loose with gender assumption here I know)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

That is all.
1) Thank you for the information. :thumbsup:

2) Any grown adult using the word 'holibobs' which, aside from being incredibly annoying, is actually longer than the word 'holiday' and therefore extra pointless, should be shot. :wink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

2) Any grown adult using the word 'holibobs' which, aside from being incredibly annoying, is actually longer than the word 'holiday' and therefore extra pointless, should be shot. :wink:

Oh I have many annoying words lurking within my vocabulistic armoury.

I find it all but impossible to say or type the word 'surely' without switching it to you-know-what. I die a little bit inside every time it happens. But what can you do.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I've applied for tickets. It's only a short hop over the channel. Annoyingly though the England allocation is the smallest of all games due to being played at some little french ground so no guarantee of getting them.

Add to that, Lens is a dump of a place. In addition, for the France 98 game against Columbia there was a complete booze ban throughout the town and surrounding areas and we spent some of the day being tear gassed by the CRS for no good reason! Eventually watched game in the local cinema (no ticket and all bars shut).

Can foresee similar treatment for the potential powder keg game against the Taffs with the added joy of loads of Danny Dyers invading the place trying to get it on with the Soul Crew.

Enjoy!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Add to that, Lens is a dump of a place. In addition, for the France 98 game against Columbia there was a complete booze ban throughout the town and surrounding areas and we spent some of the day being tear gassed by the CRS for no good reason! Eventually watched game in the local cinema (no ticket and all bars shut).

Can foresee similar treatment for the potential powder keg game against the Taffs with the added joy of loads of Danny Dyers invading the place trying to get it on with the Soul Crew.

Enjoy!

The Soul Crew have melted away. Ten years ago they had the opportunity to get it on in Manchester but it was a complete no-show from them.

I can see the Welsh being probably the friendliest nation at Euro 2016 in France with no bother from them. :)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I find it all but impossible to say or type the word 'surely' without switching it to you-know-what. I die a little bit inside every time it happens. But what can you do.

Now that I can understand as an homage to one of the funniest films in history. Holibobs, though... :nono:

Jan 30, 2008
The Soul Crew have melted away. Ten years ago they had the opportunity to get it on in Manchester but it was a complete no-show from them.

I can see the Welsh being probably the friendliest nation at Euro 2016 in France with no bother from them. :)
this games not being played in Cardiff, I'm sure Darren has this one pencilled in
regards
DR

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Travelling back from Paris the same day as this one. Tried to get my mate to stay on so we could detour via Lens. Alas his wife wasn't having any of it due to it being his lads birthday the same day. So should be home in time to catch it as got an early Eurostar home.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Up there with <shudders> "Chrimbo" :nono:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Prior to the draw being made, and living as I do in an Anglo-Welsh household, there was a grim inevitability in my mind that we'd draw them.

The Rugby World Cup was an absolute horror show. I had to sprint off to work as soon as that game finished just to avoid him coming home from the pub in triumphantly drunken mood, and also ignored all his texts for 48 hours.

Please God, do not let us lose to them at a sport we actually care about :FFSPuncheon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here