Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wun't be Druv

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
Very much my memories as well. I was the yokel at Grammar School and Posh when I was back in the village.

Still a very few with the local accent up this way.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My grandfather, from Halland had a remarkable accent, the like of which is never heard today. And his cousin who owned Staverton nursery near Uckfield was, to me, unintelligible. I so wish I had more family video with that lovely old voice.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I remember Paul Plumb who owned a clothes shop in Shoreham who often broadcast on the radio using his modulated Sussex accent. There was also a gardner from Hurstpierpoint with a strong accent who appeared regularly giving gardening tips.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I remember Paul Plumb who owned a clothes shop in Shoreham who often broadcast on the radio using his modulated Sussex accent. There was also a gardner from Hurstpierpoint with a strong accent who appeared regularly giving gardening tips.

Was this the same man who did a book with David Arscott called "The Upstart Gardener"? http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Upstart-Gardener-David-Arscott/dp/1870213033

Just found this...Bert Winborne...http://www.abebooks.co.uk/Upstart-Gardener-Rubbish-Dump-Ignoramus-Gardening/6656960959/bd

I still feel guilty about the fact that Paul Plumb died before I got round to paying for the trousers that he had made for me (and delivered).

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I may be wrong but i seem to remember a guy called Paul Plumb who was a bit of a lad around the early 70's. A rather rotund guy with a ruddy complextion probably due to a beer or two.

Surely not the same guy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here