Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One for the plumbers

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
This just happened to my karzi (no-one was in the loo at the time, there was just a loud "TINK" and the sound of dripping water). Ever seen anything like it before ?

CXy4dR5WAAAcox9.jpg

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I think you might have what they call in the trade a cracked cistern - Quite common nothing to worry about*

* not really

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Insurance job if ever I saw one, what room is below?
Can you convert it in to the computer room sharpish?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have a couple of thoughts if I'm honest. The first, that's a toilet, for sure. Secondly, the wallpaper is wonderful. :lolol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Never heard of one just pinging, must of had a crack in it that's slowly been getting worse, usually have to drop something heavy on china for it to smash like that

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I suppose the only good thing to come out of this is that whilst the old cistern is off the wall it will give you the chance to renew the wallpaper. Very unlucky break though.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Whereabouts would the toilet seat usually hit it? Is it likely that anyone in your household had a skinful last night and smacked it with he seat?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
This just happened to my karzi (no-one was in the loo at the time, there was just a loud "TINK" and the sound of dripping water). Ever seen anything like it before ?

View attachment 71138

There should have been a few pints of water released followed by water coming in for the refill. This would not have stopped till you turned the valve off bottom right. You then flushed the remaining water out the cistern. Elementary, Dear Watson.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Insurance job if ever I saw one, what room is below?
Can you convert it in to the computer room sharpish?

Can you claim on insurance for this sort of thing ??? things like that never cross my mind when thing break, more get down to shops and get a new one.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

View attachment 71138

It looks very dry and crusty as if it happened a long time ago, and the amount of water it would have released would have considerably socked the carpet ???
Is this picture for real ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here