Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Parish: Brighton don't exist, official

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Much of the We Hate a Palace stuff is pretty tedious to be honest but Palace's chairman really doesn't help his cause. Consider this in the Sunday Times: "...900,000 people living in Bromley and Croydon, 2.4m in South East London and no other professional club until you get to Southampton." And he wonders why people don't love them.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Much of the We Hate a Palace stuff is pretty tedious to be honest but Palace's chairman really doesn't help his cause. Consider this in the Sunday Times: "...900,000 people living in Bromley and Croydon, 2.4m in South East London and no other professional club until you get to Southampton." And he wonders why people don't love them.

I'm pretty sure that this came up a last year. :moo: But didn't he actually say 'no premier league club until Southampton'? Which, even though probably still a dig, not a huge insult as it is true!

Anyway, who cares? He is a prick.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He always bangs on about the population, but the fact they STILL don't turn up says everything you need to know about Palace.

The locals would rather support Man U than watch that shit.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Have Millwall gone part time now then? ???

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
the original quote is , i think , from a few months back. Its about Prem League teams currently so fair enough. Although Charlton, Millwall, and Wimbledon have all been Prem League clubs at some point.

"We are the only Premier League club south of the river (Thames). There are 2.4 million people in south London and no other Premier League club until you get to Southampton. So it has to be the biggest catchment area potential of any single football club in the country."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...vestment-to-push-Crystal-Palace-to-glory.html

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

But if you go a few miles north, or east, or around London generally there are one or two prem clubs to pick from!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Chelsea letting the oh so noisy ultras have a some old school songs on the telly box as we speak. Quite enjoying it.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Ah yes Mr Parish falling into the trap of assuming that football only equals the Premier league since 1992/93. Tool.

Upsetting though it is they don't half make a proper atmosphere (minus that chuffing drum).

Also look how decent the pitch looks!

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
To be honest, comments like these just heightens my appreciation for us having a classy chairman like Tony Bloom.

Palace have had to endure a succession of utter cretins at the helm from Ron Nhodes, (orange) Simon Jordan and probably the least offensive Steve Parish. I guess if the cap fits, let them get on with it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i suppose i'd be GOBBING OFF if i'd just ROBBED a couple of trusting a YANKS of 50 million .....he'll do a LORD LUCAN within the month.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
the original quote is , i think , from a few months back. Its about Prem League teams currently so fair enough. Although Charlton, Millwall, and Wimbledon have all been Prem League clubs at some point.

"We are the only Premier League club south of the river (Thames). There are 2.4 million people in south London and no other Premier League club until you get to Southampton. So it has to be the biggest catchment area potential of any single football club in the country."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...vestment-to-push-Crystal-Palace-to-glory.html

No, it was a new interview by Jonathan Northcroft and the quote was not within a Premier League context. He used the word 'professional' so the implication has to be that he does not regard non-Premier League sides as being professional football clubs at all. Ludicrous arrogance from a man who can talk sense at times.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I can't understand why anyone bothers to listen to/read what he says, the bloke is a proven cockend...he is not only Palace chairman but also a fan after all.

Feb 14, 2010
To be honest, comments like these just heightens my appreciation for us having a classy chairman like Tony Bloom.

Palace have had to endure a succession of utter cretins at the helm from Ron Nhodes, (orange) Simon Jordan and probably the least offensive Steve Parish. I guess if the cap fits, let them get on with it.

Sort of hear where you are coming from but the reality is that their goons have delivered what none of our regimes have delivered, relatively frequent top flight football and well, their ground didnt sell the ground and leave them playing in the bottom league 140 mile round trip from home - only at Brighton. Sold a ground to pay a few million in debts and it was re sold for for £30 million plus a year or so later. I'd have put up with Noades, Orange Chairmen and the latest pillock they have had over our lot of losers and property speculators any day. Would be nice if our board could deliver some success, just for once. Over to TB to hopefully turn it around.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
No, it was a new interview by Jonathan Northcroft and the quote was not within a Premier League context. He used the word 'professional' so the implication has to be that he does not regard non-Premier League sides as being professional football clubs at all. Ludicrous arrogance from a man who can talk sense at times.

Not arrogance just pantomime nonsense in taking a swipe at us. I don't think it was anything to do with him not regarding non-premiership clubs as professional, but again, just an opportunity to wind up BHA. Article was in today's Sunday Times sports section.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here