Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Brighton reached "peak" burger and craft beer?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Holiday Inn, Brighton, is to open a new burger bar ‘concept’, marrying quality burgers to craft beers.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
On my to Brentford I noticed there was a craft beer and artisan pizza place outside Victoria station, looked well poncey.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
On my to Brentford I noticed there was a craft beer and artisan pizza place outside Victoria station, looked well poncey.

its just a normal railway/tourist pub which put up some chalkboards saying as you note, regular ale selection.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What's a "quality" burger? :sick:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 914

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:lol: how much was it, and what spin did it have on the menu?

"All burgers are made from 250+ grams of premium German beef. The quality is high enough that other places would serve it as steak, but here it goes through our grinder every day to become the best burger this side of the Atlantic. Grilled to order and served with our freshly hand-cut fries, lettuce, tomato, red onion and a homemade pickle.
Burgers from the Griddle
"

The Dr. Zian. Bacon and Stilton Cheese. 13,00€

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
"All burgers are made from 250+ grams of premium German beef. The quality is high enough that other places would serve it as steak, but here it goes through our grinder every day to become the best burger this side of the Atlantic. Grilled to order and served with our freshly hand-cut fries, lettuce, tomato, red onion and a homemade pickle.
Burgers from the Griddle
"

So a fairly standard burger then, other than the yarn about the steak mince. Don't get me wrong, I love a good burger, but essential there's very little difference between any properly made ones, yet they'll all claim to be life altering in one way or another.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I like Craft beer. Two very good friends run two well known craft beer pubs in Brighton and I'm still not bored of the craft beer thing. I like the burger thing too but the quality varies too much for my liking. I feel this will all be looked back on and be a bit cringe worthy but for now, I'm enjoying it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Burgers from the Griddle
"

Doesn't make any sense to me. You'd want a much higher fat content in a burger than in a steak to keep it moist.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
This beauty I had last night

Looks like road kill.

One question: why do people feel the need to take a photo of their food before they eat it?
More than often post said photo on facetwat.

Is it some kind of modern day bragging?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here