Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Carlisle vs Plymouth

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I thought Stockdale clashed with The Wolves players yesterday. That's how bad my colour vision is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I note Christian Walton has been dropped.
Can't even get a game in Div 2.

He went as cover because their keeper was injured. Now their keeper is back, he is on the bench. Nothing to do with his ability, he comes from Plymouth, so enjoying being home.

chairman

Mar 5, 2009
lostwithiel cornwall
Interesting argyle went through patch of loosing home games, now back on track, both goals today had wicked reflections, luck going for them. Something the Albion could do with,
Ke

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
He went as cover because their keeper was injured. Now their keeper is back, he is on the bench. Nothing to do with his ability, he comes from Plymouth, so enjoying being home.
Surely Walton was loaned with the intention of gaining first team experience?
Pretty pointless him sitting on the bench and not getting any minutes at all. Not really furthering his football education being at Plymouth if you ask me...maybe easier to pop home and see the family that's all!

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
More to the point, what ****wit pitches Plymouth against Carlisle in the holidays ?

Boro fan here but can't understand this comment. Surely away and home attendances are up over holiday periods?

We sold 5.5k to blackburn away before being called off.

29k v sheff wed and 32k today v derby.

Agreed blackburn was down 800 people, compared to 3 weeks before Xmas last year but there were no trains Boxing Day this year.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Boro fan here but can't understand this comment. Surely away and home attendances are up over holiday periods?

We sold 5.5k to blackburn away before being called off.

29k v sheff wed and 32k today v derby.

Agreed blackburn was down 800 people, compared to 3 weeks before Xmas last year but there were no trains Boxing Day this year.

Have you seen the mileage between Plymouth & Blackburn (Carlisle had to play there today) but when the fixture list came out, would have been the full distance?
There's poor transport links over the holidays.

Middlesbrough to Sheffield or Derby is not anywhere near as bad.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
Have you seen the mileage between Plymouth & Blackburn (Carlisle had to play there today) but when the fixture list came out, would have been the full distance?
There's poor transport links over the holidays.

Middlesbrough to Sheffield or Derby is not anywhere near as bad.

Yeah is about 370 to carlise to Plymouth and about 320 for Boro a week before Xmas to brighton with just short of 2k fans! If it was the holidays we would of sold more.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
And poor transport links we sold 5.5k on Boxing Day with no public transport. Trains or buses.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
Alcohol on a football coach is illegal.

Yes, but so is standing up, it doesn't mean everyone doesn't do it! I can't remember the last time I travelled to an away match when a coach wasn't piled with creates of larger (independent coaches,not club rarras).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Interesting argyle went through patch of loosing home games, now back on track, both goals today had wicked reflections, luck going for them. Something the Albion could do with,
Ke

Yes would be nice to mirror that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here