Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Company's like DFS

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Company's secretaries like DFS? Company's salesmen like DFS? Company's WHAT like DFS? And which company are we talking about?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Another excuse to start a crap thread, well done

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Oh no somebody has used the wrong grammar on a football massage board. Call the internet police.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
to answer the question which is glaringly obvious despite the pedantic bellends piling in trying to look superior i believe DFS bring in new models of furniture and offer them for sale at an inflated price for the legal minimum period they are then heavily discounted to the price they intended to sell at in the first place their various models are then rotated in and out of "sale" giving the illusion of value and a constant showroom of apparant bargains

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
to answer the question which is glaringly obvious despite the pedantic bellends piling in trying to look superior i believe DFS bring in new models of furniture and offer them for sale at an inflated price for the legal minimum period they are then heavily discounted to the price they intended to sell at in the first place their various models are then rotated in and out of "sale" giving the illusion of value and a constant showroom of apparant bargains

Thank you Voro!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

. , ; : -

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

In other words, conning the consumer that is mug enough to believe they are getting a good deal. Simple rule, don't buy just because it's in a sale, buy it because you like it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
In other words, conning the consumer that is mug enough to believe they are getting a good deal. Simple rule, don't buy just because it's in a sale, buy it because you like it.

... and don't be conned by 0% credit. I've been in the finance industry, we would deduct c40% from the payment to the retailer to cover the interest due

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

It's called marketing.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
I went to Sofa King instead, their marketing slogan caught my eye 'come to Sofa King where our sofas are 'Sofa King Cheap'....ha ha

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
DFS actually stands for Deferred Financial Services. The sh*t sofas are just a way for them to sell you credit.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
These threads are always interesting, you can bet your hat on the fact that at least a few people will be overly critical about the product that 'insert company' is selling, with little regard towards people that may have purchased their products.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
These threads are always interesting, you can bet your hat on the fact that at least a few people will be overly critical about the product that 'insert company' is selling, with little regard towards people that may have purchased their products.

I apologise if you've bought one of their sofas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here