Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's a marathon not a sprint

Jan 2, 2016
Hello all new poster here.

After a fantastic start, we are starting to stall a little, injuries beginning to burn and the financial clout of the likes of Hull and Burnley + Boro and Derbys strength beginning to show.

IMO we are still doing really well- be interesting to see if what investment occurs in the next month.

I like Hughton he is a good football man, a solid dependable manager, did brilliantly with Newcastle to get them promoted, not so well with norwich, but still harshly treated by both clubs i think

BUT is he the man to get us to the premier league? Perhaps it is injuries as mentioned earlier or have we peaked too soon and showing our true level - playoffs (nothing wrong with that, sure most of us would have taken that at the start of the season).

Could be crucial to our development as a club to go up this year, would be very hard next year with some likely BIG clubs coming down, Villa, Sunland, Newcastle, Chelsea:ohmy:.

Contrast some former championship clubs doing well in a (weak) prem Leicester, Watford, Bournemouth, Palarse,- Norwich are making a right good fight of it. We should be aspiring to be above those clubs level and be like southampton everton ect.

UTD have just scored, pushing Swansea further towards the trapdoor- another good club, another we might have aspired to be like before this season.

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
People always say 'the Championship will be harder next year'. Not convinced, Villa are awful.

Jan 2, 2016
People always say 'the Championship will be harder next year'. Not convinced, Villa are awful.

True, they will either 'smash it ' next season- or they could struggle with the rigours of the championship and fall like Bolton and foolham.

Cheeky bid for Grealish if we did go up?- or now (on loan) , sussex air might do the lad good.!

D

Deleted member 2719

Hello all new poster here.

After a fantastic start, we are starting to stall a little, injuries beginning to burn and the financial clout of the likes of Hull and Burnley + Boro and Derbys strength beginning to show.

IMO we are still doing really well- be interesting to see if what investment occurs in the next month.

I like Hughton he is a good football man, a solid dependable manager, did brilliantly with Newcastle to get them promoted, not so well with norwich, but still harshly treated by both clubs i think

BUT is he the man to get us to the premier league? Perhaps it is injuries as mentioned earlier or have we peaked too soon and showing our true level - playoffs (nothing wrong with that, sure most of us would have taken that at the start of the season).

Could be crucial to our development as a club to go up this year, would be very hard next year with some likely BIG clubs coming down, Villa, Sunland, Newcastle, Chelsea:ohmy:.

Contrast some former championship clubs doing well in a (weak) prem Leicester, Watford, Bournemouth, Palarse,- Norwich are making a right good fight of it. We should be aspiring to be above those clubs level and be like southampton everton ect.

UTD have just scored, pushing Swansea further towards the trapdoor- another good club, another we might have aspired to be like before this season.

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Who do you think you are coming on here with just 1 post to ya name.

I will put you down as a East Stand Liberal ???

I for one will not have any respect for you until you have hit 30,000 posts.

It's the LAW.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here