Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albums Thread - 2016

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Following on from Albums Thread - 2015

Some due in the next few weeks:

From the previous thread:

Hinds were formerly the Deers, until Canadian band The Dears took umbrage and threatened them with legal action.

Bowie's album is out this Friday, the first one in about 35 years I've looked forward to.

Fat White Family's new album is out on the 22nd

On a completely different note, Anna Meredith - Varmints is out on March. Meredith was previously composer in residence of the BBC Symphony Orchestra who has been dabbling in electronica since 2012, see EPs Black Prince Fury and Jet Black Raider

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cheers fella. Without doubt my favourite, and most expensive, thread.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
High hopes for this, seen them play some of it live and it was impressive. Even got a ticket for the Bexhill slog in February.

It's one of those difficult choice evenings but going to see Ezra Furman. Think we will see some more Savages dates when the album is out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am aiming this year to buy all my music on vinyl. Hope I manage it.

Good luck. I am adding more vinyl to my collection, I started about 2 years back and reckon I buy about 25% of my music on this medium but I've just bought/ordered the first 6 Motörhead albums on wax as a treat to myself.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Good luck. I am adding more vinyl to my collection, I started about 2 years back and reckon I buy about 25% of my music on this medium but I've just bought/ordered the first 6 Motörhead albums on wax as a treat to myself.

A worthwhile treat. Bought lots of vinyl towards the end of 2015 both second hand and new. Lots of the new stuff came with downloadable codes so its an obvious choice in my opinion. Plus some carefully packaged and designed gatefold sleeves that are a joy to own.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
First purchase of 2016: Villagers 'Where have you been all my life?'
Live in the studio, no overdubs, re workings from their catalogue.
Green heavyweight vinyl...mmmmmm.

Playing St George's Hall in Feb.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here