Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sickly Seagulls in need of a tonic [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion are suffering from promotion sickness after a third straight home defeat started with James Wilson doing a Messi and vomiting on the pitch.
The on-loan Manchester United starlet was caught by TV cameras puking on the pitch at the Amex shortly before yesterday’s 1-0 slip-up against Wolves which put another dent in the Seagulls’ automatic promotion hopes.
Barcelona star Lionel Messi frequently used to vomit on the pitch. The problem was blamed initially on anxiety but eventually attributed to a sinus condition.
Albion boss Chris Hughton believes Wilson’s sickness was due to a combination of a Christmas cold and the rigours of the Championship after his inactivity at Old Trafford.
Wilson, 20, returned to the starting line-up against Wolves after feeling unwell at Brentford on Boxing Day, where he was substituted at half-time, then coming on against Ipswich at the Amex on Tuesday.
Hughton said: “It’s not a virus. Anything like that or a high temperature then the players are kept away from the training ground and we wouldn’t take any chances with anybody.
“It’s a cold, probably a combination of that, feeling a little bit below-par, and the volume of games he’s been involved in. But he was fine to play and over the course of the game he was one of the more likely to get us a goal.
“For me he’ll only get better. He’s trying to bridge the gap at the moment from being part of a Manchester United squad, not playing so many games, to the intensity of what the Championship is.
“I certainly have no doubts he will go back to United, when ever that is, better for the experience, and I also think he will get better for us.”
Albion have not won for six games and not scored in the last four. Hughton admitted: “It’s a major concern and frustration as well.”
The Seagulls will drop to fifth if Burnley beat Ipswich today.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here