Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Latest Donation

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
Happy New Year guys!
Just a little update in regards to the REMF's latest donation

Recently we have been contacted by a local sporting organisation called 5Ways Netball. (You can find them on Facebook, but currently no website).
They came to us looking for help and funding.
It all started when they noticed that when the young lads were playing football, all their sisters were sat there bored watching. So as a way to keep them busy they started a netball team. The group started with 14 girls and now has circa 100.
But the problem is there is very little help or funding from governing bodies for coaching, qualifications or to get the accreditations they require. As a result the club cannot keep operating at a proper level or help grow and will start turning youngsters away.
They came to us and asked for a donation to help them so they could still keep teaching the kids and growing in the local area. We decided that being a local group and doing good for our local community we would give them the money that they need.
So in the very near future we will be presenting a cheque to them for £5000.

I would also like to say at this point a massive thank you for everyone's support this year!! It's been fantastic!! Doesn't matter how much or how little you support us, it all counts. Without you this charity would be nothing!!
Thank you!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Happy New Year guys!

Recently we have been contacted by a local sporting organisation called 5Ways Netball. (You can find them on Facebook, but currently no website).
It all started when they noticed that when the young lads were playing football, all their sisters were sat there bored watching. So as a way to keep them busy they started a netball team. The group started with 14 girls and now has circa 100.
But the problem is there is very little help or funding from governing bodies for coaching, qualifications or to get the accreditations they require. As a result the club cannot keep operating at a proper level or help grow and will start turning youngsters away.
They came to us and asked for a donation to help them so they could still keep teaching the kids and growing in the local area. We decided that being a local group and doing good for our local community we would give them the money that they need.

I would also like to say at this point a massive thank you for everyone's support this year!! It's been fantastic!! Doesn't matter how much or how little you support us, it all counts. Without you this charity would be nothing!!
Thank you!

Sounds like a great cause. Top work and well done on a fantastic year

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Great news and fitting the Girls get some funding as well as mainly the Boys. A great start to 2016 for the REMF

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am the only one wondering why they didn't start a girls football team instead?

Because they wanted to play Netball

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Happy New Year guys!

Thank you!

Apologies, not being funny in any shape or form, but could I please just ask if 5Ways Netball provided you with a breakdown of where the £5000 would be spent? Just seems like a very big chunk of money for a local sporting organisation that would appear, on the face of it, to have not too much requirements by way of outlay for kit or equipment. Apologies like I say, but it's maybe best that somebody ask the question, tho hopefully the REMF has already asked the question and got a valid reply.

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
Apologies, not being funny in any shape or form, but could I please just ask if 5Ways Netball provided you with a breakdown of where the £5000 would be spent? Just seems like a very big chunk of money for a local sporting organisation that would appear, on the face of it, to have not too much requirements by way of outlay for kit or equipment. Apologies like I say, but it's maybe best that somebody ask the question, tho hopefully the REMF has already asked the question and got a valid reply.
Absolutely fine mate. Drop me a PM with your email and I'll send you a reply back on there and explain it all for you.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Absolutely fine mate. Drop me a PM with your email and I'll send you a reply back on there and explain it all for you.

Just dont ask for the glass pattern.......:wink:

Happy New Year Mike

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

No worries mate, I was just taken aback a bit by the amount, but sounds like the REMF have got it covered, no need for a personal explanation. Cheers and keep up the great work. :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mike has done the groundwork and can address your points

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Every applicant has to go through a process of completing a 12 page application form which asks about income expenditure accounts and what the money will be used for then has to be agreed by the directors and meets the Eaton's wishes be approved by them and meet the funds criteria. The idea behind this donation is to create a long lasting legacy going forward for the benefit of the club but also the local community and also give something to a female driven sport this time

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here