Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiffs fall from the top.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
A thread a few weeks / months back showed which teams went on to go up automatically, via the play offs or fail when in the top two. It showed Cardiff, if I recall, who went on a drastic decline to finish 10th.
When did that decline start and how are The Albion doing compared to that season?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
After 25 games they had 41 points, so we only 3 more than they do. They finished 13th on 64 points.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think the worse is Blackpool who I seem to recall hardly won a game in the second half of the season and dropped from the top 3 or 4 to be relegated in late 70s

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I think the worse is Blackpool who I seem to recall hardly won a game in the second half of the season and dropped from the top 3 or 4 to be relegated in late 70s

Teddy Maybank. Blackpool were a promotion chasing team when we went to Blackpool. Beat them (Maybank scored) and from there they dropped like a stone. Even on the last day of the season they were still 14th but had us at the Goldstone (day of that infamous Southampton v Spurs draw). SIX teams below them managed to overtake them thus sending them down. My first taste of Tetley Ale that trip. Hated it then and still do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here