The promotion push...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Autos ...
Boro
Derby
Hull
These 3 are the big 3 financially and have the squad depth.
Burnley could threaten the top two if they have a slip up and have pennies to spend
Playoffs.
Brighton...could be Feb/March before we get the momentum again with returning players.
Ipswich...quietly going about their job and will be a big threat
Sheffield Wednesday...Same as Ipswich and will spend in Jan I'm sure
Cardiff...could go on a run and have a great squad
Brentford...Had 10 players out earlier in the season and most have just returned,look very very good.
Birmingham...Doubt they have the strength in depth to be honest.

Will be a fun season that's for sure:clap2:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Autos ...
Boro
Derby
Hull
Burnley could threaten the top two if they have a slip up and have pennies to spend
Playoffs.
Brighton...could be Feb/March before we get the momentum again with returning players.
Brentford...Had 10 players out earlier in the season and most have just returned,look very very good.

Agree with that. Think the top two will be between Middlesbrough, Derby and Hull and the play offs are open for a number of teams. Agree about Birmingham. Not sure they have the depth or the money to change that. Wolves, although I didn't think they looked great yesterday, have now won three in a row and should be considered too.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm perfectly confident we'll get back in the top two. Ridgewell will make a big difference as will Baldock and Lua Lua this month. Add to this VLP/or another winger and possibly a transfer record striker plus Greer and we're be back challenging. We've also got the likes of Towell & Harper who could be stars of the future. Send the reserves to Hull for the cup and then it's time to get 9 points from the next three league games!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Its a tough old league :)

It is a FANTASTIC league and as long as we stay in it, that will be enough for me. Obviously I hope we can get promoted but I'll soon get over it if we don't. My only negative thought is that at some stage TB will stop throwing money at it if we don't go up. We could then go backwards at pace.

If we spend big this window we are in with a shout of the playoffs. If we don't find a decent striker we'll end up lower mid table IMO. I really can't see that we have any chance of top two now. Auto promotion sides score goals for fun and close games out, not a trait we have shown even once this season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Autos ...
Boro
Derby
Hull
Playoffs.

Well I can't fault your reasoning as to why Middlesboro, Derby, and Hull are favouirites for the top two automatic promotion places, but if you thing Burnley could threten the top two, then why shouldn't we be able to as well?

Surely the chances are that we should be able to nick at least a play-off spot, providing of course we add to the squad wisely this month, and get our injured five back playing again asap.

Jan 30, 2008
Autos ...
Boro
Derby
Hull
Playoffs.

:timmy:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here