Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New drinking guidelines

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I do wonder if at some stage, we'll look back in the same way as many do with fags - wondering why at first there was so little intervention over the marketing of such a harmful product...

[/I]

I won't be wondering!

If you can't work out why there is so little intervention against major corporations, making vast fortunes for their senior staff and shareholders (often the same thing), deploying dark money and employing an army of well paid lobbyists...well you might be a tad hard of thinking.

The Conservative Party works for big money. That is what it is for. That is what it does.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If I add up all the hours of the week that I'm not drinking, it amounts to the equivalent of THREE days , so at least I know I'm doing fine.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As someone who likes a drink, this is somewhat sobering information...

I do wonder if at some stage, we'll look back in the same way as many do with fags - wondering why at first there was so little intervention over the marketing of such a harmful product...

not really. its self-selecting information, people ill through something will be in hospital. meanwhile millions enjoy a few drinks with negligible effects.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I know a woman who drinks between 24-30 cans of lager (4% ish) a day. She is swollen like a balloon, red as a berry, spends most of her life in the khazi, and reeks. Yet she stilll just about functions! How can the body tolerate such abuse? It's staggering.

:mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here