Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherlock

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Surprised there isn't a thread on this.

Just me who think they've overcomplicated it a bit? All a bit messy, required some SERIOUS concentration.

Still, good TV...just not as good as it could have been

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

Just me who think they've overcomplicated it a bit? All a bit messy, required some SERIOUS concentration.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was extremely well done...... But I know what you mean.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Went to the cinema to see it. Thought the story about the bride and the atmosphere were very good, the Moriarty stuff less so

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There are very few programmes that I close the lid of my laptop and put down my phone for.

Sherlock is one of them.

What the **** happened?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bit meh in my book, convoluted plot which just seemed a vehicle for all the regular cast to get a chance to dress up as Victorians. Sad to see the usually brilliant Andrew Scott wasted in this episode by being reduced to just a dream like caricature. Moriarty so far has been grippingly psychotic with huge presence, tonight's just diluted his menace. . I expect better in 2017 when it returns.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Mystery of The Empty Forum Post ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I put my phone down to watch it avidly and concentrate on every part.

I literally love Sherlock and loved this, but like many am not entirely 100% sure what happened.

And when will Irene Adler return. I liked her very much.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

I agree with this completely great TV but very very hard to follow especially if you forget to pause and go off to the carsey and make a cuppa . Very odd at times too.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
I just want to know what emphasis is around Red beard? Third brother possibly..

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Funny I had exactly this conversation at work on Thursday. I think the writers are trying too hard to make it all very "clever". Just concentrate on a good story line and make it a little less wordy!

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Well worth the effort.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not entirely sure what is so hard to understand. On hearing that moriarty is back, Sherlock went into his mind palace to work out how he can by solving a case from a hundred years ago that he knew very well, and which involved someone faking blowing their brains out. He realised it couldn't be done, and that moriarty is still dead and the video of his return is something else (new mystery to solve when the series returns).

The first time he returned to the plane and when he went to dig up Amelia's grave was still part of his mind palace, he hadn't woken up properly. When he returned to old times in his mind palace, he was in danger of losing himself in his own mind because of his fixation with moriarty, but (his thoughts of) Watson helped him back.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Stephen moffat just needs to stop. He's ruining Dr who and isn't doing a great job with Sherlock either at the moment

I disagree in part. I think he is perfect for Sherlock, but sadly yes he has made Dr Who a non family viewing show.

Dr Who, unlike Sherlock, is something to be enjoyed by all true family, but he has made it too complex for most children to follow and they have given up on it a bit I fear.

However Sherlock is for adults and he should keep going with that forever as it is bloody superb.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Love it but as others have said..Leaves you guessing a bit. I prefer older Sherlocks. Jeremy Brett,Basil Rathbone and Peter Cushing are my favourites.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here