Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We miss our leader.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I realise that there are quite a few posters on here who don't rate him, but I sincerely think that we missed Gordon Greer today.

Whatever you may think of his playing abilities, which I believe to still be excellent by the way,, he is the one man who can really rally the team, and glue everything together.

Bruno is a fine full back, and he had a good game today, man of the match in fact, but I don't really see him as a captain.

GG a fine leader of men.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The more Dunk and Goldson gift goals the higher Greer's stock rises.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I realise that there are quite a few posters on here who don't rate him, but I sincerely think that we missed Gordon Greer today.

Whatever you may think of his playing abilities, which I believe to still be excellent by the way,, he is the one man who can really rally the team, and glue everything together.

Bruno is a fine full back, and he had a good game today, man of the match in fact, but I don't really see him as a captain.

GG a fine leader of men.

Second that. An aging player but highly experienced and a leader. Get well soon

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I don't know what game you were watching today, but Greer's stock didn't go up, it went down further. Dunk was excellent today, as was Goldson, aside from his one mistake. If we're serious about progressing long term, they're the future.

Yes Greer is a leader, and he'll undoubtedly have a role to play this season when he returns, but his own recently declining form means he shouldn't be an automatic starter anymore and neither centre back deserves to be dropped for him after today.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't know what game you were watching today, but Greer's stock didn't go up, it went down further. Dunk was excellent today, as was Goldson, aside from his one mistake. If we're serious about progressing long term, they're the future.

Yes Greer is a leader, and he'll undoubtedly have a role to play this season when he returns, but his own recently declining form means he shouldn't be an automatic starter anymore and neither centre back deserves to be dropped for him after today.

I was watching the game at the Amex this afternoon, were you there?

Dunk and Goldson may well be the future, but I am talking about now, the present, THIS season. However good players like Dunk, Goldson, or for that matter, anyone else may be, they still need a leader We certainly didn't have one of those today..

For the remainder of this season at least Gordon Greer is, for me, that man.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I was watching the game at the Amex this afternoon, were you there?

Dunk and Goldson may well be the future, but I am talking about now, the present, THIS season. However good players like Dunk, Goldson, or for that matter, anyone else may be, they still need a leader We certainly didn't have one of those today..

For the remainder of this season at least Gordon Greer is, for me, that man.

I was in the North Stand. And I completely disagree. Greer's form over the last couple of months has been poor. He's cost us goals as regularly, if not more so, than any of our other CBs in our recent poorer run of form, and whilst he may offer "leadership", whatever that is, I really don't think it would have affected the game in a positive way today. Both Dunk and Goldson played very well. In fact I'd go as far as to say that I've not seen Greer produce the kind of positive defensive performance that Dunk or Goldson produced today in a long, long time.

In fact, the mere idea of Afobe running at, and tussling with, Greer makes me feel queasy.

Still, we'll agree to disagree. Greer has a role, I don't doubt that, but at the moment he most certainly doesn't deserve his place back in the side.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

GG a fine leader of men.

Are you talking about the leader we had when we threw away a two goal lead against QPR (at fault for the first goal) and he also played when we threw away the lead against Derby (penalty I believe).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Does he score goals? No
Does he create goals? No

So how are we missing him? The problem is going forwards not defending. 400 minutes without scoring a goal. We shipped loads when he was playing but have only let in two in three games. The issue is at the other end.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here