Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA January transfer watch

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nearly 19 hours in and no-one signed, not including Towell and Ridgewell.

#barberout!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we don't make signings quite early in the window we could carry on struggling to field a winning side. Traditionally we are last minute Harrys though

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I would not hold your breath on the January window.....JFC/Chicksen out on loan,Ridgewell/ Towel already in,and i reckon if we get lucky another striker,with sell on value and Le Para on a season loan......

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I have always been disappointed by - we have targets but we don't get them, and hate the agony of failing to get anyone on the last day of the window, but things have changed, we did business reasonably early during the summer and we have signed two already before this window opens. A new more positive era is here

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Our strength this season has been the wide positions. Kazenga was stunning for the first six weeks, March was even better in the six weeks before he got injured, and Rosenior was a quality defensive option in front of Bruno. These are the players that won us a lot of games.

So with two of them out for months and no guarantee that Kazenga will come back and stay fit for the rest of the season, I really think we need to focus on adding two more wide players. We need options on the right and the left. Murphy just hasn't been good enough and Van La Parra is a totally ineffective player we should go nowhere near. So after getting a new striker, I would use all the remaining budget to add more pace, goals and guile out wide.

Marshall and Noone were two players mentioned to me. No idea if there's anything to it or not.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I see Marshall asa quality option, we should go for it, and while we are at it take McCormack from Fulham. Proven at this level scores from deep and up front positions.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Marshall is a good technical player, but he hasn't got the pace or trickery to be an out-and-out match winner like Kazenga and March. I really think a lot of people underestimate just what those two did for us this season. The majority of teams in this division don't have any match winners, so to have two made us really strong. We've now got to somehow make sure we have at least one in our team for the rest of the season. Marshall would be a good signing, but I don't see him single-handedly turning draws into wins.

Noone is more interesting. I didn't particularly rate him when he was here before because he always seemed to mess up the final ball, but he does have pace and the ability to go past a man, which potentially makes him a more effective replacement for March. And I would hope he has improved his final ball now he's a more experienced player.
Although at the time Kaz was a game changer, Solly wasn't. After Kaz got injured then Solly really came good. To have lost both of them is so unfortunate - hope Kaz comes back in something like his early season form

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
History is whispering to me that we'll sign a striker that no one has mentioned on here, probably from abroad. But that is only an uneducated guess!

Only to quote that damn awful legal advert..."Because that's what we do"!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here