Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Together...?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
To me, one of the most disappointing aspects of today was that not one single player came and put a comforting arm around Connor Goldson or had an encouraging word for him. Even Stockdale, who seems to pride himself on the unity aspect, went missing at that point.

We hear so much about this togetherness, but it appears to be on hiatus at the moment sadly.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
To me, one of the most disappointing aspects of today was that not one single player came and put a comforting arm around Connor Goldson or had an encouraging word for him. Even Stockdale, who seems to pride himself on the unity aspect, went missing at that point.

We hear so much about this togetherness, but it appears to be on hiatus at the moment sadly.

Spot on... My father in law, said we looked like a team of strangers... Hmmmmm something is not quite right. He also said Bruno stood out a country mile as the best and most committed player on the pitch.

Kosh

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

It was certainly something Bruno should have done as Captain.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He also said Bruno stood out a country mile as the best and most committed player on the pitch.

Not totally fair ... think Kayal/Stephens, but he is definitely up there.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I agree, but it's always interesting to note what a geniune neutral takes away from a given performance. I doubt he'd remember who Kayal and Stephens were to be fair. Although the awesome beard does help create a memorable persona...

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Possibly, but a visible gesture from Dunk or Stockdale would have been just as noteworthy.

I agree. Dunk could have said that when they started moaning at you go over there to swear - or something like that......
But seriously it would have been good to see some of them support the young lad.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

He's on ten grand a week - I'm sure he will get over it:moo:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I agree. Dunk could have said that when they started moaning at you go over there to swear - or something like that......
But seriously it would have been good to see some of them support the young lad.

The annoying thing is; Greer will now creep back in to the XI, not a huge problem, but it should be for Dunk. Alas I doubt this will happen.

**** it.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The last couple of games I have noticed less cohesiveness in the team.

Hopefully this is just a rut and morale will pick back up, I would have thought one win would be enough.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
More worrying than making a visible gesture for the benefit of the crowd (why does everything need to be 'seen' in today's world, FFS just get on with things quietly), was the heads down walking back to centre circle. Everyone looked deflated and utterly defeated with 70mins still left to play. Think the lack of goals meant the players then knew they'd lost. Now that's worrying, once we concede we know a 1-1 draw is the best we can hope for. Shades of Poyet, Garcia, Hypia and indeed Hughton sides from the past few seasons. We must have one of the worst shots on target and goals totals of any club in recent seasons. Huge swathes of seasons that have been appallingly barren.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Kayal was Mr. committed as ever, but Stephens is just not hitting the spot at the moment. Pass it left, pass it right, pass it back, he struggles to find a decent forward pass, no telling defence splitting passes today, lacking commitment in tackles and no presence in the opposition box. he needs to up his game and when the going gets tough etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here