Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX Pitch

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
How much of our poor form at home is down to the state of the pitch? I know it's the same for both teams and all but we don't seem to be zipping the ball around quite as well.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Surely we have to consider relaying it given we haven't got a game for 3 weeks? Awful, big mistake letting u21s and rugby etc to be played there

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We've never relaid the Amex pitch have we? My recollection is that it's always been grown from seed.

That's not to say it couldn't be relaid.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We've never relaid the Amex pitch have we? My recollection is that it's always been grown from seed.

That's not to say it couldn't be relaid.

No you're right, it is grown from seed, however it can't be taken away that extra curricular activity on the pitch has taken its toll. This hasn't been the case in previous seasons.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes, let's blame the pitch......

Personally I'm not, but the pitch is awful right now, something we have moaned at other clubs about in the past 3 or 4 seasons. It does need to be addressed.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Nothing to do with the pitch , too many players and important players being injured is the reason for the drop in form , and until they are back or we get some decent replacements expect more of the same

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The results are not due to the pitch, but our game isn't helped by it being so bad. I have no idea if you can relay a pitch at this time of year, nor how soon you can play on it after relaying, but if it is possible it really should happen.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Both Kayal and Bruno were saying on the radio how tough it is playing on the pitch and how it stops us playing our game how we want to.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
From memory, I thought that each close season the pitch has not been relaid but 'cut back to a certain level which got rid of any weeds etc but gave the turf the opportunity of growing up strongly and this, I seem to remember, is what is done by most other clubs.

I agree that the pitch does not look good at all but, as was previously posted, may have been to some extent caused by the rugby and by other additional 'fixtures'

Suppose we should be thankful that, as with some clubs, the pitch is not shared alternate weeks with a rugby club.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Barber said the rugby wouldn't have an adverse effect on the pitch. Barber out.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Rugby, women's football and a lot of rain have not helped for sure.

I don't believe that it makes it harder to win but do believe it is giving us tired legs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here