Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings - wolves

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
stockdale - 7 - great distribution again and dealt with the little that came his way
Bruno - 8 - immense. His form and consistency this season has been incredible
Calde - 6 - tested less than on Wednesday but offered far less than Bruno going forwards
Dunk - 6 - looked sloppy again, especially in the first half. Grew into the game and unlucky not to score
Goldson - 7 well that's two in two, maybe he should start up top next week. Our best defender other than that moment of madness
Kayal - 7 - showed great desire, even if he didn't reach the peaks of previous weeks
Stephens - 6 - looked tired
Crofts - 5 - struggled to have any impact on the match
Zamora - 5 - as ineffectual as Hemed was against Ipswich
Wilson - 7 - fair play to him for lasting 90 minutes. A Very patchy performance but looked the most likely to score
Murphy - 5 - out of form and low on confidence

Manu - 5 - doesn't look good enough
Hemed - 5 made zero difference

I'd give Zamora, Stephens, Kayal, Bruno, Murphy and Hemed a week on a beach. They need some rest

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
stockdale - 7 - great distribution again and dealt with the little that came his way
Calde - 6 - tested less than on Wednesday but offered far less than Bruno going forwards
Dunk - 6 - looked sloppy again, especially in the first half. Grew into the game and unlucky not to score
Goldson - 7 well that's two in two, maybe he should start up top next week. Our best defender other than that moment of madness
Kayal - 7 - showed great desire, even if he didn't reach the peaks of previous weeks
Wilson - 7 - fair play to him for lasting 90 minutes. A Very patchy performance but looked the most likely to score

I'd give Zamora, Stephens, Kayal, Bruno, Murphy and Hemed a week on a beach. They need some rest

Who would you replace those you recommend have a break with?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 7

Bruno 9
Calde 6
Dunk 7
Goldson 7

Kayal 6
Stephens 6
Murphy 4
Crofts 4

Zamora 5
Wilson 7

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Stockdale 8 - most he can score today as wasn't really tested - big fan
Bruno 8.5 - again he didn't have to defend but is FLAIR
Calde 6.5 - battled well. Mr Utility
Dunk 7 - good to see him with efforts on target and playing up front near end
Goldson 7.5 - solid
Kayal 7 - Skillful player, not at his best
Stephens 7 - poor game by his extremely high standard
Crofts 6 - ineffective
Zamora 6 - few poor touches, heavy cross when Wilson well placed
Wilson 7 - great snapshot well saved by Ikeme, dropped deep as game wore on...why?
Murphy 6.5 - our best winger!

Manu 5 - hmmn
Hemed 7 - nice bird

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure Stockdale gave a shout when Goldson went in and deflected it - if he didn't, Goldson had to go for it and was desperately unlucky.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Stockdale - 7
Bruno - 8.5 MOTM
Calderon - 6
Dunk - 7
Goldson - 7
Crofts - 5
Kayal - 6.5
Stephens - 6
Murphy - 5
Zamora - 5
Wilson - 6.5 (fair play for playing well with an illness)

Manu - 5
Hamed - 5

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Who would you replace those you recommend have a break with?

Anyone. Don't care about the cup. I'm not sure on the rules on changes for the fa cup but we should push it to the limit. We have lots of players on the fringes or having had little game time - ince, crofts, JFC, chicksen, ridgewell, towell, Manu, dallison, Goldson, maenpaa, plus Baldock and Lua Lua close to returns. Sacrifice the cup, get as many in as we can and give the players who have got us where we are a week on the beach.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Anyone. Don't care about the cup. I'm not sure on the rules on changes for the fa cup but we should push it to the limit. We have lots of players on the fringes or having had little game time - ince, crofts, JFC, chicksen, ridgewell, towell, Manu, dallison, Goldson, maenpaa, plus Baldock and Lua Lua close to returns. Sacrifice the cup, get as many in as we can and give the players who have got us where we are a week on the beach.

Hmm, why are Hemed and Zamora tired, they havn't appeared in every game and Hemed has had more than enough time to get match fit since his arrival.
Bruno looks far from being tired,
Murphy is on a road to nowhere, why cut in when you are faced with fiveman back line. he's not tired, he's just not up to it.
Kayal looks like he wants it every game and Stephens in my opinion is being found at now. Can only pass sideways, is not physical enough for his size and does not appear in the box enough as a mid field player.
Pity our poor tired players.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Hmm, why are Hemed and Zamora tired, they havn't appeared in every game and Hemed has had more than enough time to get match fit since his arrival.
Bruno looks far from being tired,
Murphy is on a road to nowhere, why cut in when you are faced with fiveman back line. he's not tired, he's just not up to it.
Kayal looks like he wants it every game and Stephens in my opinion is being found at now. Can only pass sideways, is not physical enough for his size and does not appear in the box enough as a mid field player.
Pity our poor tired players.

So you don't think our dip in form has anything to do with a squad that has been stretched to the limit and you'd play all of the above at Hull? Do agree about Bruno though

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
So you don't think our dip in form has anything to do with a squad that has been stretched to the limit and you'd play all of the above at Hull? Do agree about Bruno though

I don't see any mention of Hull in your post? If you are talking about that game specifically I would send out a completely different team to that which took the field today, however tired footballers? i'm not sure they are really over worked.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Stockdale 7

Bruno 9
Calde 7
Dunk 7
Goldson 7

Kayal 6
Stephens 6
Murphy 4
Crofts 5

Zamora 5
Wilson 5

Manu 5
Hemed 4

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Stockdale 8. Very good distribution, otherwise not a lot to do.
Bruno 8. Great game. Deserved a goal for the shot that hit the bar. MOM
Dunk 7. Did OK today.
Goldson 7. Loses a point for the error, but apart from that a very good game. Excellent passing.
Calderon 7. Better than recent games, but not put under much pressure.
Kayal 7. Did his best to try and make things happen.
Stephens 7. Decent enough performance.
Crofts 5. Did not do enough to justify his selection.
Murphy 6. Better than the last few games, but way off his best.
Zamora 6. Far better than Hemed, but not at his best.
Wilson 5. A few moments of real skill, but not involved enough.

Subs:
Manu 5. Hardly saw the ball. You can sense that the Amex crowd really want him to succeed, but he needs to do a lot more.
Hemed 4. Not sure he did anything. Continued where he left off on Tuesday.

Two things to urgently address:
1. How do we score some goals?
2. How to stop our defenders giving away goals?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I don't see any mention of Hull in your post? If you are talking about that game specifically I would send out a completely different team to that which took the field today, however tired footballers? i'm not sure they are really over worked.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree then, but I'd give several of them a break, make the most of the eleven days between now and Rotherham

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
stockdale 7
bruno 8 mom just stretching ahead of kayal in personal battle for player of season
goldson good apart from
dunk 7
calderon 6.5
crofts 5
kayal 6.5
stepens 6
murphy 5
zamora 5
wilson6.5

elvis 5
hamed 5

v unlucky to lose game
but lacking creativity
v unlucky to lose first lua lua and then march when they both hit some form

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Stockdale 6
Bruno 7
Goldson 6
Dunk 6
Calderon 5
Murphy 4
Crofts 5
Kayal 6
Stephens 6
Zamora 4
Wilson 6

Manu 3
Hemed 3

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale 7 - two good saves
Bruno - 9
Calderon - 6
Dunk - 7 - much better
Goldson - 7 - bad error after receiving a calm
Kayal - 6.5
Stephens - 6
Murphy - 4 - beginning to think he is not a championship player
Crofts 5.5
Zamora - 4.5 - rarely moved
Wilson - 5.5

Manu - 5.5 only offside once and looked a little better
Hemed - 5 should have been on before Elvis

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Bruno should of stopped the cross which lead to the goal , and is now becoming a problem , Charlton , Middlesboro and now Wolves all scored from crosses which Bruno failed to block the cross .

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

I thought Hemed did more in this game than the previous three or four combined. Manu is a real worry - I haven't seen anything to suggest he isn't a duff signing. Stockdale and Bruno are the only two who seem to be holding their early season form at the moment.
This run is depressing but I fancy us to bounce back sooner rather than later.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Stockdale. 7 Superb distribution and did what he had to do but.... Miscommunication with Goldson led to the goal
Bruno. 9 Beard power to the max MoM
Goldson 8. Unfortunate with the goal but once again good defending, strong going forward.. He's good
Dunk 7. Better than recently.. However seemed to do more wrestling than tackling
Calderon 6. As ever superb effort but glad this was his last game as lb
Crofts 6. Adds solidity to middle so Kayal can be more creative.
Stephens 6. Seemed to be playing sideways for the most part
Kayal 7. More controlling than recently. Involved in the good moves
Murphy 5. Runs across defences not at them. Needs some good coaching
Wilson. 6 He's not well and ought to have been playing more centrally
Zamora. 6 Not given much of a chance to do anything

Subs
Hemed. 6 Nicely aggressive, created problems for the Wolves defence, but he is never going to score
Elvis either a 3 or a 7. Complete mystery

We beat ourselves today through bad luck. CH is getting the tactics right given the players available. Play offs for us I think, and that is fine. Hull in the cup will be interesting - both teams will be trying to lose without making it look too obvious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here