Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we still make the auto promotion places?

Will we make auto promotion

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Simple poll.

I'm sure I've seen plenty of posters on here who think this run is just a blip and are confident that Tony will throw millions at the squad this month to re-ignite us

I think that ship has sailed but have faith we can do well in the play offs

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
No!
I remember posting at the beginning of the season that scoring goals may be a problem and that remains the case.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The odds were against us to make the top two and now we have very little hope...playoffs and lose in the final against burnley 2-1.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Automatic promotion gone now. Play-offs obviously still all to play for but at the moment we're conceding goals and look vulnerable at the back whilst creating next to nothing and not scoring. Worrying, especially as wolves were rubbish, in my opinion, the worst team we've played.

Not having Kaz and March is killing us.

We need to have a great transfer window and see the return of some of our injured players Asap.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We've possibly lost too much ground in the last 4-5 games to make top 2. However I'd fancy our chances against anyone in the playoffs, assuming that the squad is back up to strength and we don't spend any more of the season down to the bare bones.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I think we have a good team and dominate possession but it's blatantly obvious we are lacking in the final third. Has been going on since Gus era and still not fixed...

If we could score goals we would be dominating!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Our old Achilles heel is back big time inability to score and strikers who have either lost the knack or never had it. Needs to be addressed which is easier sad than done

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I'm going for yes - new left back cover to strengthen defence, goals from the Irish lad and KLL back ripping defences apart.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We really miss KLL ( and March). Sadly can't rely on Kaz staying fit for the rest of the season once back.

That is a real worry, but if we can get on a new roll with him playing and then hope it continues (as it did in the first half of the season) if/when he gets another injury then we will be OK

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Perhaps we are a season early. Hughton has achieved amazing things and we can clearly see the progress we've made but it will probably take a further season to get the depth into the squad that could take us all the way.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
That is a real worry, but if we can get on a new roll with him playing and then hope it continues (as it did in the first half of the season) if/when he gets another injury then we will be OK

I think need two wingers in the window. We're much better in a 4-4-2 with a wingers system. Problem will be finding them but hopefully recruitment team on the case.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I think need two wingers in the window. We're much better in a 4-4-2 with a wingers system. Problem will be finding them but hopefully recruitment team on the case.

What position does the Irish lad play? I can't see Stephens or Kayal being dropped so of we are going to use him and his goal scoring he will either have to play wide, up front, or as a sub

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
What position does the Irish lad play? I can't see Stephens or Kayal being dropped so of we are going to use him and his goal scoring he will either have to play wide, up front, or as a sub

Towell is a a box-to-box midfielder who likes to get forward and score goals. It sounds like he's a sort of younger version of Andrew Crofts. ( hate to be negative but can't quite see what Crofts is adding at the moment)

I imagine Towell will start on the bench as back--up for Kayal and Stephens but will also be an additional attacking option

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Playing 442 the wide players are very important. Unfortunately we have lost Bong, March KLL and Rosenior. Not sure Murphy is good enough. Players are coming back Jan and Feb except March so yes I think we will make the playoffs, but then it's a blooming lottery.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here