Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion urged to seize their chance [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chris*Hughton wants Albion to grab their chance of promotion – before the Championship gets even tougher.
The depleted Seagulls will move back into third place, within two points of leaders Middlesbrough, for at least a few hours if they beat Wolves at the Amex today (3pm).
Hull are at QPR (5.15) and the top two, Boro and Derby, face each other tomorrow.
Aston Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle are currently in the relegation zone in the Premier League, so Hughton fears the Championship could be even harder next season.

He said: “We’ve had a very good first half of the season. If we can have a good second half of the season, that puts us in a position where we are challenging or we have a chance of getting promotion.
“I think this division will get tougher and tougher. The best opportunity is the first opportunity, the first opportunity is now.”
Portland Timbers defender Liam Ridgewell and former Dundalk midfielder Richie Towell will complete their respective loan and permanent moves, subject to international clearance, once the authorities are back open for business on Monday.
Hughton, keen to also add another striker and winger to his injury-plagued squad in the January transfer window, will not be knocking on chairman Tony Boom’s door for funds.
“I don’t have to do that,” he said. “I’m very aware of what we are as a club, the finances, the way we go about our business as regards salaries and so on.
“The chairman has already spoken about making funds available in January, so from that aspect the club will do as much as we can. The difficulty is always getting the players you want.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here