Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky News and Kay Burley - unbelievable!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There she is, down by the Thames surrounded by hundreds and hundreds of people all gurning at the camera, and she comes out with the bombshell - "Breaking news! Reports just in from Munich that their security services have received information about an imminent attack."

Is that responsible journalism? Complete lack of judgement and sensitivity from Burley once again, further proof she's the worst journalist ever in TV history.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
There she is, down by the Thames surrounded by hundreds and hundreds of people all gurning at the camera, and she comes out with the bombshell - "Breaking news! Reports just in from Munich that their security services have received information about an imminent attack."

Is that responsible journalism? Complete lack of judgement and sensitivity from Burley once again, further proof she's the worst journalist ever in TV history.

She is a sensationalist, vacuous ****head. Does not surprise me.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm a tad confused. I don't watch Sky and don't know this reporter, but are you saying a news story should be hushed up for fear of creating panic?
Should she perhaps have tried to find a quiet corner away from the crowds and whispered it to camera?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
She is a reporter reporting news.

Sky could have broken the story in the studio but they chose to do it literally in the middle of a crowd of people.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sky could have broken the story in the studio but they chose to do it literally in the middle of a crowd of people.

But then that would be the fault of the editorial team wouldn't it?, not the reporter just carrying out instructions.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
But then that would be the fault of the editorial team wouldn't it?, not the reporter just carrying out instructions.

I bet Burley f*cking loved every word of that story and shitting everyone up around her.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I bet Burley f*cking loved every word of that story and shitting everyone up around her.

Ok then, clear what your agenda is here.

I'll dip out as no idea who the woman is so in no position to comment on her persona either way.

Happy New Year and all that and here's hoping everything passes off without incident around the world.

Perhaps she should've read out the racing results.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm a tad confused. I don't watch Sky and don't know this reporter, but are you saying a news story should be hushed up for fear of creating panic?
Should she perhaps have tried to find a quiet corner away from the crowds and whispered it to camera?

You are a moron. They have reporters in the studio who could have broken the story. No need for her to announce it in the middle of a crowd celebrating NYE.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ok then, clear what your agenda is here.

I'll dip out as no idea who the woman is so in no position to comment on her persona either way.

Happy New Year and all that and here's hoping everything passes off without incident around the world.

I haven't got an agenda, obviously Sky have got to report the news but she is in the field supposedly keeping it light with the revellers while the studio has the stories coming in so are better placed to break it to the viewers.

It is sensationalism at it's worst and Burley is one of the biggest offenders. Still, it's given me my first New Year's Resolution - give up on Sky News f*ckwits and switch back to the BBC.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You are a moron. They have reporters in the studio who could have broken the story. No need for her to announce it in the middle of a crowd celebrating NYE.

Especially when those people will be aware police in Paris and Brussels have already shut down their celebrations because of terrorist intelligence.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Oh, thanks for calling me a moron. Well done you.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Oh, thanks for calling me a moron. Well done you.

Well, it was pretty stupid! I don't know how you can defend it really. Happy new year anyway.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

I don't know sky news but is she the fool who looked ridiculous interviewing that labour mp a while back?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't know sky news but is she the fool who looked ridiculous interviewing that labour mp a while back?

She tweeted a picture of a dog in Paris after the atrocities last month with the caption "sadness in his eyes #parisattacks". She has form.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here