Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things There Should Be a Word For But There Isn't

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
1. That bit of pretentious vvank that can last a minute or more on a Youtube vid that you always skip before the tune finally starts

2. That thing where you key in your Google query then look up and find it's not keyed anything at all and you have to do it all over again

Anymore for anymore?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can think of something for which there is a name, but for the life of me, I don't know why. Perineum. Maybe Dave Gahan invented it to impress the geezer who he saw for his piercing.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
62xGwch.png

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The vaguely miserable yet contended feeling you get when staying in on new years eve, where the telly is uninspiring and shows you live scenes you have no interest being involved in, yet still feel that you're missing out on something.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The vaguely miserable yet contended feeling you get when staying in on new years eve, where the telly is uninspiring and shows you live scenes you have no interest being involved in, yet still feel that you're missing out on something.

'This' ??

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The cheer that goes up when you are losing and 5 mins or more comes up on the injury time board

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Schadenfreude - great word but difficult to translate.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
1. That bit of pretentious vvank that can last a minute or more on a Youtube vid that you always skip before the tune finally starts

2. That thing where you key in your Google query then look up and find it's not keyed anything at all and you have to do it all over again

Anymore for anymore?
A word to describe those more interested in the attendance at a football match than the result

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The feeling of joy, confusion and misery you feel when you've left early and hear the cheer when the team has scored

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not that difficult

Schaden - harm
freude - joy

How come I've never seen the word "harmjoy" ( or "joyharm") in a sentence, then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here