Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much would other clubs pay for Kayal, and would you accept it?

Dec 29, 2011
In my opinion, Kayal could easily play in the Premier League. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a few bids for him in January, but how much would other clubs bid, and would you accept this amount?

I'd say £6m is not off the cards from a club like Newcastle, Norwich or Bournemouth. Anything for £8m+ we'd have to start considering the offer.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
In my opinion, Kayal could easily play in the Premier League. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a few bids for him in January, but how much would other clubs bid, and would you accept this amount?

I'd say £6m is not off the cards from a club like Newcastle, Norwich or Bournemouth. Anything for £8m+ we'd have to start considering the offer.

My concern would be that at this level Kayal in my opinion would be close to irreplaceable and losing such a key asset would show both the fans and the competition that we are no longer serious about challenging this season. To sell at any cost would be a massive mistake and one I'm sure the club will not make this coming window.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I reckon his value to us is far greater than to anyone else. Before coming here he was fairly injury prone. I think any offers for him would before lower than we would be willing to take

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In my opinion, Kayal could easily play in the Premier League.

Kayal could easily play in the Premier League with us. Same as Poyet could easily have managed in the Premier League with us. Key to gaining access to the Premier League is not to sell off your star players for the footballing equivalent of thruppence then try and replace them on the cheap and hope nobody notices. Hopefully lesson learned ???

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Kayal could easily play in the Premier League with us. Same as Poyet could easily have managed in the Premier League with us. Key to gaining access to the Premier League is not to sell off your star players for the footballing equivalent of thruppence then try and replace them on the cheap and hope nobody notices. Hopefully lesson learned ???

Good post. However, the reality is every player has their price. That said, I think he'll still be an Albion player come February.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Oh come,on::)

My post was slightly facetious, I admit, but every player has his price. If we received a rediculous offer for Kayal (something in the 10m+ region would be my guess), then the recruitment department would probably have identified plenty of replacement players that they could spend that money on.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At this stage in the development of the club we either choose to remain a selling club or go for the Premier League. Down to TB really and a smart manager. We have both, and seem to be going full pelt for promotion. Tho this season's freakish crop of medium/long term injuries are a sickener that may well have stuffed us this time around. But creeping ever closer. Our turn soon.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
So even a 20m offer then?

No. What would be the point in throwing away a chance of promotion and the money that would bring for the sake of having £20m in the bank. No matter how much money we have, we would struggle to get a player of his quality to come to us, so money or not the side would suffer.
I'll be gutted if either Kayal, Stephens or Stockdale are sold. I would have added March, Rosenior, Lua Lua and Bong to that list too.
We need our best players.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No. What would be the point in throwing away a chance of promotion and the money that would bring for the sake of having £20m in the bank. No matter how much money we have, we would struggle to get a player of his quality to come to us, so money or not the side would suffer.
I'll be gutted if either Kayal, Stephens or Stockdale are sold. I would have added March, Rosenior, Lua Lua and Bong to that list too.
We need our best players.
Becuase 20m would probabky buy us 3-4 class players that we could only have dreamed of signing otherwise and give us a greater chance of promotion.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

What is your point?
There were rumours that EPL clubs were planning £8m bids for Solly March before he got injured.
So what? Do you want the club to sell off the better players?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we are ever to get promoted then a prerequisite is to hang on to your best players for the duration of the season.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Really ? how many central midfielders move in January ?

Unless they are regular goalscorers no one is interested. I think we will be okay.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
He was absolute daylight robbery. I doubt we're going to find someone else of his calibre for cheap, so there's no point in selling him.

It would have to be upwards of £10 Million, and then I'd seriously consider it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here