Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock is the key

Dec 29, 2011
Baldock and Wilson could work well together? I know some on here will lambast me for not going with the classic 'big-small' upfront but imagine two pacey wingers upfront getting service from all over the pitch. Could work well

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whe exactly will Baldock be back?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sam Baldock is not the key. Sam Baldock is part of the problem, not the solution. = Last season's Hemed = anonymous and ineffectual. Why do we always ship out the decent strikers earlydoors for a quick buck and end up holding the duds for far too long? ???

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Sam Baldock is not the key. Sam Baldock is part of the problem, not the solution. = Last season's Hemed = anonymous and ineffectual. Why do we always ship out the decent strikers earlydoors for a quick buck and end up holding the duds for far too long? ???

You don't go to many games do you?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Not a Baldock fan to be honest.
Also not a Hemed fan (yet) and still on the fence regarding Wilson.

Brighton+Hove+Albion+v+Liverpool+Carling+Cup+Is9B6Fw6QzSl.jpg

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Hasn't done it so far and little evidence to suggest he'll be the key. No, we need a new striker who can have a similar impact to when Ulloa signed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you think Baldock is the problem...I would say you have problems..give a solution, don't just say he is the problem.

Look I'm sorry if he's your brother or a mate or something. It's nothing personal. I'm just stating the bleeding obvious that he was part of the problem up front last season and had more than enough chances to prove he had any kind of worth to us :wave:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Look I'm sorry if he's your brother or a mate or something. It's nothing personal. I'm just stating the bleeding obvious that he was part of the problem up front last season and had more than enough chances to prove he had any kind of worth to us :wave:

What's the solution? Vardy?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
His goal output isn't the best, that's for sure. But his movement and pace stretch teams in the way neither Zamora or Hemed do, opening up space for our midfielders and wide players, particularly when those wide players are inverted wide men who want to drift inside.

Is he the best striker in the division? No, he isn't. Does he have a valuable role to play if we're going to persist with a 442 set up? He absolutely does, particularly with Wilson still finding his feet.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not a Baldock fan to be honest.
Also not a Hemed fan (yet) and still on the fence regarding Wilson.

Brighton+Hove+Albion+v+Liverpool+Carling+Cup+Is9B6Fw6QzSl.jpg

Ashley Barnes: a 1 in 4 striker at Championship level. So what is it that you have against Hemed and Wilson, who have similar (marginally better) records?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's true that Baldock does valuable work and offers things that the other strikers don't (except possibly Wilson).

But he can't score goals at this level and never has, even in a promotion-bound team such as West Ham. And someone has got to.

Why he is so often ineffective anywhere near goal is a mystery, especially when you consider the goals he HAS scored (v Arsenal and Ipswich last season for example). But he doesn't do it frequently enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here