Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer, Goldson, Dunk - two from three

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Greer and Dunk for me. They are still first choice for my money irrespective of Dunk's mistake. Now is the time to stick by Dunk not drop him.

Who would you go for if Greer has recovered ? Goldson and Greer for me

I know this is a popular choice after Dunk's awful first half performance.

But I think we need to analyse Wolves' aerial threat - if they have a good set piece record I think it's still safer to go with Dunk. He had a very decent second half against Ipswich

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know this is a popular choice after Dunk's awful first half performance.

But I think we need to analyse Wolves' aerial threat - if they have a good set piece record I think it's still safer to go with Dunk. He had a very decent second half against Ipswich

Goldson and Dunk on that basis then?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
When Uwe is back there will be 4 to choose from. A nice probem for a change if there is no further injuries.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Greer and Goldson for me.

Not just 1 mistake from Dunk - has made far too many this season. Great player at his best but needs to learn to concentrate for 90 minutes without moments of idiocy. Also having waited for his chance I don't think it would be right to drop Goldson after he grabbed it with both hands.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Goldson and Dunk. Dunk was our player of the season last year and is probably the most talented defender we have. All players make errors; they just seem to be more noticeable when it's a centre half or keeper.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Greer and Goldson.

Can not believe people are still knocking Greer. Last time he was out, it was clear we missed him and our defence largely improved upon his return. Dunk is a liability and if Uwe was fit I wouldn't even have him in the squad. 4th choice in my eyes.

Stumpy Tim

Dunk is both our best defender and our worst. But, the only way for him to learn to eliminate the brain-farts is to play. For me, Dunk and Greer is the right choice but Uwe and Goldson are both excellent back-ups.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It sounds to me like Greers fitness is still doubtful for tomorrow. I say give him a rest, it's not worth jeopardising the rest of the season for a game against Wolves.
Stick with Dunk and Goldson to hopefully give them both some confidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here