Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Wolves ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Again not a lot of choice for Hughton given injuries, and shut windows.

New signings ? - Ridgewell and Towell are unavailable until international window opens on Jan 4th.

RVLP - Can't play under his loan agreement / parent club and is returning to Wolves unless we make an offer.

Injuries - Greer is not completely ruled out but Uwe has joined Bong and Rosenior on the long term list.

Baldock and Lua Lua Apparently very close but looks like Hull will see their long awaited return.

Last time round at Molineux for the 0-0 Brighton: Stockdale; Bruno, Dunk, Greer, Bong; Rosenior, Murphy, Stephens, Kayal, Lua Lua (Zamora 77); Hemed (Manu 45).
Subs not used: Maenpaa, March, Goldson, Ince, Forster-Caskey.

My first thought is Hughton reverts to 4-4-2 and a debut for Manu but a more likely prospect is he might just replace RVLP with Wilson, Greer doesn't make it and assuming Holla is still out in the cold then he might just give Jack Harper a first outing on the bench.

So

Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Calde
Murphy
Crofts
Kayal
Stephens
Wilson
Hemed

Subs: Maenpaa, JFC, Chicksen, Ince, Harper, Manu, Zamora

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Again not a lot of choice for Hughton given injuries, and shut windows.

New signings ? - Ridgewell and Towell are unavailable until international window opens on Jan 4th.

RVLP - Can't play under his loan agreement / parent club and is returning to Wolves unless we make an offer.

Injuries - Greer is not completely ruled out but Uwe has joined Bong and Rosenior on the long term list.

Baldock and Lua Lua Apparently very close but looks like Hull will see their long awaited return.

Last time round at Molineux for the 0-0 Brighton: Stockdale; Bruno, Dunk, Greer, Bong; Rosenior, Murphy, Stephens, Kayal, Lua Lua (Zamora 77); Hemed (Manu 45).
Subs not used: Maenpaa, March, Goldson, Ince, Forster-Caskey.

My first thought is Hughton reverts to 4-4-2 and a debut for Manu but a more likely prospect is he might just replace RVLP with Wilson, Greer doesn't make it and assuming Holla is still out in the cold then he might just give Jack Harper a first outing on the bench.

So

Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Calde
Murphy
Crofts
Kayal
Stephens
Wilson
Hemed

Subs: Maenpaa, JFC, Chicksen, Ince, Harper, Manu, Zamora

That bench says a lot of our current predicament

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Would actually like to see more of Manu - his speed terrifies defences. Will be interesting to see if he has a final product (not much sign of it so far).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My team would be:

Stockdale
Bruno....Goldson....Dunk.....Chicksen
Murphy...Crofts....Kayal....Stephens
Wilson....Hemed
Subs:Maenpaa, Calderon, BZ, JFC, Manu,Harper, Ince​

That is what I would play as Calderon was awful against Ipswich, his heart is there but his legs have gone and with them his ability. He is now a liability at left back so would replace him with Chicksen who cant be any worse but I dont expect CH to agree.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Would actually like to see more of Manu - his speed terrifies defences. Will be interesting to see if he has a final product (not much sign of it so far).

Didn't look that rapid the other night

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My team would be:

Stockdale
Wilson....Hemed

That is what I would play as Calderon was awful against Ipswich, his heart is there but his legs have gone and with them his ability. He is now a liability at left back so would replace him with Chicksen who cant be any worse but I dont expect CH to agree.
Chicksen is woeful, and surely on his way out this transfer window.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
My team would be:

Stockdale
Wilson....Hemed

I agree with you about Calderon BG, the sooner we can get Ridgewell in the team the better.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I really hope Greer is back.

Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Goldson
Calderon

Murphy
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy

Wilson
Zamora

Sub's: Maenpaa, Chicksen, Dunk, Crofts, Caskey, Hemed, Harper

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
My team would be:

Stockdale
Wilson....Hemed

How was he that bad? He had a decent game and coped with Sears pace pretty well. They created a couple of chances all 90 minutes mainly down Bruno's side of the pitch. Think your blinkered sometimes

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My team would be:

Stockdale
Wilson....Hemed

Gosh unusual of you to mention our left back situation :whistle:

Chicksen in front of Calderon? Just musing

Last edited:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
My team would be:

Stockdale
Wilson....Hemed

That said when Ridgewell is available I think we will look more comfortable

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
How was he that bad? He had a decent game and coped with Sears pace pretty well. They created a couple of chances all 90 minutes mainly down Bruno's side of the pitch. Think your blinkered sometimes

For the first 15 mins I thought he was going to get ripped to bits but he defended well after that. Not sure how much he's got left in his legs after a lot of games in a short time. Calde is probably as pleased as anyone that we've signed Ridgewell.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I really hope Greer is back.

Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Goldson
Calderon

Murphy
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy

Wilson
Zamora

Sub's: Maenpaa, Chicksen, Dunk, Crofts, Caskey, Hemed, Harper

Eh? Have we managed to swoop for Darryl Murphy, and will play him on the left (or right) wing on New Year's Day?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
My team would be:

Stockdale
Wilson....Hemed

Chicksen is awful. Calderon is limited at left back but far better than Chicksen

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
-------------------- Stockdale --------------------
Bruno - Goldson - Greer/Dunk - Chicksen
Murphy ---- Crofts ---- Stephens ---- Kayal
--------------- Zamora -- Wilson ---------------

Subs: Maenpaa, Calderon, Dunk/JFC, Ince, Manu, Hemed, Harper

If Greer is fit, play him instead of Dunk, who needs to learn to focus for 90 minutes. Calde needs a rest, we need a left-footer playing at left back. Hemed also needs a rest, BZ needs a start.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
We need to create much more and hopefully score early to settle the nerves. Therefore, I'm going with another play-maker in JFC, rather than Crofts and start with Zamora and Wilson.

Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Calde
Murphy
JFC
Kayal
Stephens
Wilson
Zamora

Paying the bills