Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice to see the Environment Agency boss is finally back from his Carribean holiday

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think the bloke is entitled to his holiday.

If I was on holiday with my family, I wouldn't come home either !
He will have a deputy to rely on.
The blokes entitled to his holiday.

He is, but it will be interesting to see whether he carries out his promise to work "'six or seven days a week' if there was a repeat of the winter deluges of recent years".

I'm sure he will, now that he's had his holiday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am shocked to see that you have taken to reading the Mail. Is this to counter balance the relentless metro liberalism of the Guardian?

The latter :smile: I first read about it in The Guardian iPad edition. When I Googled it a Mail article popped up so went with this on the grounds of political balance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So these floods,who is to blame.

It's the government's job to keep us safe and secure. And they have wilfully neglected the flood defences.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
It's amazing that people will berate BG for his posts, when there are these constant political "point scoring threads" on a football message board. Going off topic, can be amusing, entertaining and interesting, but soap box spouting about one's political preferences can become incredibly boring. Perhaps Bozza could introduce a "Political Jousting" section, where all this twaddle could be isolated.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I agree that he deserves his holiday, and frankly there's not an awful lot he could have done had he been here apart from survey the damage. However he's no doubt earning a couple of hundred thousand a year and with that kind of salary you do sometimes have to cut short holidays just 'cos you're the boss and you need to appear to be involved and interested.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree that he deserves his holiday, and frankly there's not an awful lot he could have done had he been here apart from survey the damage. However he's no doubt earning a couple of hundred thousand a year and with that kind of salary you do sometimes have to cut short holidays just 'cos you're the boss and you need to appear to be involved and interested.

£100k a year (for a three day week)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I've listened to people who genuinely believe the flooding is the governments fault. People always need a scapegoat, they provide simple reason to complex situations.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

The only criticism I have is that he's holidaying during his occupations 'key trading period'. Retailers don't tend to go away in December nor hoteliers during the summer. That's the odd bit for me whether he's earning £10k or £100k, that's incidental in my view.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's amazing that people will berate BG for his posts, when there are these constant political "point scoring threads" on a football message board. Going off topic, can be amusing, entertaining and interesting, but soap box spouting about one's political preferences can become incredibly boring. Perhaps Bozza could introduce a "Political Jousting" section, where all this twaddle could be isolated.

The argument there is don't open the thread then? Football is probably <10% of NSC but then there's not enough going on at any club to support 24/7 coverage which is what the Internet is.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The only criticism I have is that he's holidaying during his occupations 'key trading period'. Retailers don't tend to go away in December nor hoteliers during the summer. That's the odd bit for me whether he's earning £10k or £100k, that's incidental in my view.

Flooding can happen at any time of the year, and it changes every year. When do you suggest he goes on holiday then?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here