Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you worry that The Amex is getting a reputation as a nice place to visit?

Dec 6, 2015
It's so welcoming with local ales and food on sale in the concourse, the home fans clapping the away fans. It's also in a nice part of town in a nice City. It's a bit of a jolly for away fans and from the outside it appears that, that attitude is spreading to the teams who are enjoying their day out.

As opposed to say KC or Portman Road where you know there will be a hostile atmosphere and no matter how those respective teams are playing you know you'll get a tough game.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The Amex is how it should be and the future.
But I miss the buzz from 2 sets of hostile fans.
It adds greatly to the atmosphere which is lacking in stadiums these days.
Old school maybe but bought up on football at The Goldstone its tricky to get rid of.
Some of our away days in L2 & 1 were really hostile and Brighton always gave as good as they got.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's so welcoming with local ales and food on sale in the concourse, the home fans clapping the away fans. It's also in a nice part of town in a nice City. It's a bit of a jolly for away fans and from the outside it appears that, that attitude is spreading to the teams who are enjoying their day out.

As opposed to say KC or Portman Road where you know there will be a hostile atmosphere and no matter how those respective teams are playing you know you'll get a tough game.

Have you ever actually been to Portman Road ?

Like pussy cat city, the fans there are either pathetic or homophobic but zero issues

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Ipswich one of the friendliest places I've visited.

No problem with the setup at Brighton. We'll have your cash thanks, safe journey home. Other clubs are also following the lead.

It was exactly what was planned before the stadium was built. I remember the line.. "If away fans on average do two away a year, we need to make sure one of them is Brighton. We will happily accept their cash."

It's worked.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Too over friendly at times extremely cringeworthy.

" Good shot that superb young man from Palace what ,what ? "
Pathetic when clapping for the away fans too.

Put some venom into it FFS

Make the South Corner the mental fan area liven it up a bit !!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

The approach is different from a lot of clubs. If your fans see the Brighton game as a jolly then those who only go to a few away games a year will choose ours and away fan's money is as good as home fan's money. The ethos is explained here: http://fsf.org.uk/blog/view/brighton-BHAFC-away-fans-experience

Keep coming. Keep enjoying your days. You'll start losing eventually. Don't believe that other away sides all get to take points home with them. 'Boro's good record here is not the norm for visitors. I think you're just a bogey team. We never made you welcome at the Goldstone, and you always seemed to beat us there too.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

HA HA HA HA HAHA HA HA !! What a load of utter crap !!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Too over friendly at times extremely cringeworthy.

" Good shot that superb young man from Palace what ,what ? "
Pathetic when clapping for the away fans too.

Put some venom into it FFS

Make the South Corner the mental fan area liven it up a bit !!

Accept all the usual from the home fans but allow the "club" to make them feel happy and spend cash in the South.

Very clever game being played which other clubs have picked up on. I'll take their cash thanks and please come back next season.

Santised ? Mmm.. Not sure the language has changed where I sit. When I see a full away crowd like I simply think how it's keeping my season ticket low.

It's clever and gets a big thumbs up from me. I don't buy this ###### about how it affects performances. That's down to the managers and players and we get better ones if a thousand away fans quite happily get hammered on their day out and spent a fiver on a pie.

Last edited:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Always wondered at the applause when the attendance is announced. Personally I clap because it's normally a great attendance and I am applauding my fellow fans, if the away side has brought a load, fair play to them, but there is no gap between announcing the total, then the away support, so how many are applauding each is up in the air

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be honest one of the most exciting thing that has happened at the Amex in years was when millwall fans decided to storm the covered over bit of the south stand to get at the fans in the corner.

It was like a throwback to the 70's but it didn't half get the fans going.

Bring back more rioting....we know it makes sense

el punal

To be honest one of the most exciting thing that has happened at the Amex in years was when millwall fans decided to storm the covered over bit of the south stand to get at the fans in the corner.

Whatever floats your boat. :shrug:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

As my first game was right at the end of the seventies, I can't really comment on atmosphere back then, but I have to guess that it consisted of more than fans breaking through a line of stewards, then voluntarily stopping well short of the opposing fans and waiting for the stewards to move them back so that they could carry on being scary from behind a line of stewards. That's what the Millwall fans did at the Amex. My ten year old daughter was laughing at their posturing. "Hold me back! No really, Hold me back. I wanted to look scary, but I don't want a banning order.'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Accept all the usual from the home fans but allow the "club" to make them feel happy and spend cash in the South.

Very clever game being played which other clubs have picked up on. I'll take their cash thanks and please come back next season.

Santised ? Mmm.. Not sure the language has changed where I sit. When I see a full away crowd like I simply think how it's keeping my season ticket low.

It's clever and gets a big thumbs up from me. I don't buy this ###### about how it affects performances. That's down to the managers and players and we get better ones if a thousand away fans quite happily get hammered on their day out and spent a fiver on a pie.

Agree.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

You've not been to either of them have you.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Leeds fans are always hostile, and they always put away fans in one of the crappiest parts of the ground that isn't behind either goal; however, we always seem to win there.

18 years ago we were relying on the help and support of fans of other clubs just to keep us alive, so I don't see why showing a bit of class to visitors is cringeworthy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here