Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fit bits and such like

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I dropped loads of hints in the run up to Christmas that I wanted a fit bit or some other monitoring device but my wife bought me a pair of shoes and a man bag. I am therefore having to purchase one for myself and do the necessary research. By research I mean asking you lot if you have one/ know about them/ done your own research before buying.

I would probably like one which also acts as a watch and has a display when exercising (I run, cycle and swim) plus it would be good to know my sleep as I am convinced it is a mess.

Any advice appreciated.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Got Garmin Forerunner 235 for Christmas. It has all of the above with GPS/GLONAS for running AND wrist based HR measurement.

Love it!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Got Garmin Forerunner 235 for Christmas. It has all of the above with GPS/GLONAS for running AND wrist based HR measurement.

Love it!

Ah - I've got some Amazon gift vouchers burning a hole in my pocket and was going to go for the 235. The launch of the new range has been nicely timed for me.

I'm just slightly annoyed that the lumo yellow is only for the 230, whilst the 235 is black or slightly effeminate baby blue.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Ah - I've got some Amazon gift vouchers burning a hole in my pocket and was going to go for the 235. The launch of the new range has been nicely timed for me.

I'm just slightly annoyed that the lumo yellow is only for the 230, whilst the 235 is black or slightly effeminate baby blue.

I went for the Black/Red option. Not sure I could wear yellow on a permanent basis.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I dropped loads of hints in the run up to Christmas that I wanted a fit bit or some other monitoring device but my wife bought me a pair of shoes and a man bag. I am therefore having to purchase one for myself and do the necessary research. By research I mean asking you lot if you have one/ know about them/ done your own research before buying.

I would probably like one which also acts as a watch and has a display when exercising (I run, cycle and swim) plus it would be good to know my sleep as I am convinced it is a mess.

Any advice appreciated.

DC Rainmaker seems to be THE site for fitness gadgets so take a look on there too.

Here's his current "best of" round-up by category: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/11/winter-sports-gadget-recommendations.html

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

But but but, it is not an Apple product...........?

BURN HIM!!!!!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But but but, it is not an Apple product...........?

BURN HIM!!!!!!!

It does smart watch functionality when paired with an iPhone though.

(You have reminded me of my big fear: I spend £250 on the Garmin and Apple bring out a considerably better Apple Watch in March that has me feeling all regretful!)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here