Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland v Liverpool

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
So the last Premier League match of the year takes place tonight and I have gone for a Liverpool win with both teams to score (7/2).

Hopefully it'll be an entertaining match otherwise i'll be flicking channels to check on the darts.

Any wagers or predictions?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
On Coral sign up deal:
5/1 Pool to score. £5 max bet. Cash winnings. Lose & you get a free £5 bet.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Danny Graham on loan wouldn't be a terrible singing for Brighton.

He has a decent record at championship level

Not likely to happen he has played many times this year, only chance is if we actually manage to talk a decent striker in to joining in his place. Would do a great job for Brighton though I have no doubt

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not likely to happen he has played many times this year, only chance is if we actually manage to talk a decent striker in to joining in his place. Would do a great job for Brighton though I have no doubt

It sounds like fat Sam wants rid of him and fletcher - according to talksport

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What are these commentators on about? The lino didn't need ESP to see Defoe was offside, it was obvious, and as they highlighted themselves, he glanced over his shoulder and saw him. It was an easy, and correct, decision to make without needing to guess.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What are these commentators on about? The lino didn't need ESP to see Defoe was offside, it was obvious, and as they highlighted themselves, he glanced over his shoulder and saw him. It was an easy, and correct, decision to make without needing to guess.

Because bashing officials is the thing to do.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

The officiating has been terrible tonight so many things going Liverpools way such as the hand ball in the near goal denied by Vito

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Which one was that?

I think it was shortly after the handball you refer to (assuming you mean the incident on the right wing just before a shot - which I think was accidental, so not an offence) - after the cross and shot, it came out to a liverpool player who tried a long range effort, went towards brown who brought his arms down as it headed toward his stomach. Commentators didn't mention it, but looked clear to me. Thought there was enough distance for it not to be unreasonable to get his arms out of the way, he moved his arms towards the ball. Of course, since they didn't make an issue of it, they haven't shown a replay, so I might have misjudged it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here