Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] On average more people watch a live televised Albion game than any other Championship club

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...is not Leeds.

Championship TV viewing figures.png

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Impressive going. Wouldn't have expected that. I see Cellino has said yesterday was a One off and that he won't let sky back to Elland Road this season

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Very interesting stats. Probably means we will be on MORE though. The Wolves game is prime time this week so that should boost our average further.

As an aside, following the discussion elsewhere that the TV money is £100-120k per home team, does anyone know what the fee is for live network radio commentary eg 5Live? The Wolves game is on that too Friday.

PG

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Oh god, no one tell Sky or we will never play at 3pm on Saturday again!!

Impressive going. Wouldn't have expected that. I see Cellino has said yesterday was a One off and that he won't let sky back to Elland Road this season

Sky will just keep moving their away fixtures then, sure that will delight the locals who keep having to change their train tickets or miss matches.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Slightly surprised to see Fulham at the bottom of the table, by quite some distance too.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Oh god, no one tell Sky or we will never play at 3pm on Saturday again!!

Sky will just keep moving their away fixtures then, sure that will delight the locals who keep having to change their train tickets or miss matches.

We have some moaning on here that we're not on Sky enough. Others -- myself included -- moan that fixtures keep getting changed from a Sat 3pm kick-off to accommodate Sky. Beyond the already announced Brentford and Leeds games, I suspect we'll have a few more shifted to accommodate Sky for the remainder of the season (Burnley and Derby seem strong contenders). Despite moaning about this, we should regard this as a sign of success and I might not even whinge if it becomes more permanent in the future ... if we get promoted.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
20% higher than THE Leeds? That really is a surprising stat. Our casual support must be growing this year.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The answer appears to be Derby, on total numbers rather than the somewhat academic average.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The answer appears to be Derby, on total numbers rather than the somewhat academic average.

Daft. Taking the average is hardly 'academic' is it? It's the only sane way to compare them. What possible relevance is there that a higher total watched EIGHT Derby matches than watched four Albion ones??

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I do feel the fact we had the season opener helps sway things. It's a game I would imagine a lot of football fans watch, simply because it's the first league game for four months. (Not that I'm complaining.)

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I do feel the fact we had the season opener helps sway things. It's a game I would imagine a lot of football fans watch, simply because it's the first league game for four months. (Not that I'm complaining.)

I thought the same, but the Forest match was actually our lowest total out of the four games we have been on the telly.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Daft. Taking the average is hardly 'academic' is it? It's the only sane way to compare them. What possible relevance is there that a higher total watched EIGHT Derby matches than watched four Albion ones??

Isn't the relevance is the thread title? After all Derby are the 'most watched Championship side on TV'

If the thread title was: 'Championship side with highest average TV audience' then it's Albion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Isn't the relevance is the thread title? After all Derby are the 'most watched Championship side on TV'

If the thread title was: 'Championship side with highest average TV audience' then it's Albion.

Appreciate the constructive feedback on this one. I've tried to be more accurate with my thread naming now. Happy to take further feedback when you've had the chance to reassess.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I think this is a reflection of the fact that we are a lot of peoples "second team". We have a fair bit of goodwill support from folks who have happy memories of a weekend away in Brighton. My thoughts anyway.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here