Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Stockdale's distribution

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought it worth mentioning it was another amazing match of Stocko's quarterback like pinging the ball highly accurate here, there and everywhere.

I know he sent Jamie Murphy through at one stage and, very possibly, put one on Bobby's boot in a dangerous spot.

It was a massive contrast with the Ipswich 'keeper who mainly launched hopeful drop-kicks into our half of the pitch.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Absolutely, so much improved from last season.

That chance he provided for Murphy was such quick thinking, and possibly he should have scored from it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have never seen a keeper manage so many accurate horizontal kicks to the sidelines, as Stockdale.
He was especially good last night, especially when he hurt his hand in the warm up. It was a heart in mouth moment, but he managed to shake it off.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
His distribution is up there with the best I've seen at the Albion. The occasional wayward ones are forgiven when the quality is so good. He seems to be playing with so much confidence

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have never seen a keeper manage so many accurate horizontal kicks to the sidelines, as Stockdale.
He was especially good last night, especially when he hurt his hand in the warm up. It was a heart in mouth moment, but he managed to shake it off.

Yes I was looking down at him anxiously when he was on the touch line talking to the medical staff, and wondering if Maenpaa might have to start the match instead.

Knowing our luck with injuries it wouldn't have been a great surprise.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Stocko's all round game has been superb this season. Can only think of about 1/2 errors in total and his distribution is by far the best I've ever seen from an Albion keeper. By all accounts he's a top man too. Great to have him at the club.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
David Stockdale has been a different player this season thankfully, my only gripe is when we are in a winning position (I know its been a while) there is no need for long balls in the dying minutes.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm a massive fan of his for this level. Not just his distribution but his all round game is very good for this level. I'd also say that's he's one of our players that could rather easily make the step up if we were to get promoted.

I'd add that I think his form has been steadily increasing since Hughton came in last season, rather than his form picking up during this season alone.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Most important player so far this season. No one else close, frankly

I'm beginning to come round to your way of thinking, Earlier in the season when Hemed was scoring for fun, LuaLua and Mrch were terrorising defenders, Stephens and Kayal were bossing midfield, and Bong was ever present at the back, l may have disagreed with you.

But as we stand now, as you say, Stockers is by far and away our most consiatent and reliable performer. Player of the Season material in fact.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
He has had a very encouraging half of season and was MOM in my opinion last night.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I thought it worth mentioning it was another amazing match of Stocko's quarterback like pinging the ball highly accurate here, there and everywhere.

I know he sent Jamie Murphy through at one stage and, very possibly, put one on Bobby's boot in a dangerous spot.

It was a massive contrast with the Ipswich 'keeper who mainly launched hopeful drop-kicks into our half of the pitch.

Absolutely. Could not agree more.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No mention of the ball he needlessly thrashed toward Calderon, for balance?

His distribution is generally outstanding, but beaten from a narrow angle again last night.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
After their goal last night, the first thing he did was haul Dunk to his feet. He has character and fighting spirit in bucketloads it would seem.

If it wasn't for the fact that he is a golkeeper, with Greer probably in his last season, a possible future captain too.

Personally though, I 've always preferred an outfield player as captain as he is so much nearer most of the action, and his players.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I'm beginning to come round to your way of thinking, Earlier in the season when Hemed was scoring for fun, LuaLua and Mrch were terrorising defenders, Stephens and Kayal were bossing midfield, and Bong was ever present at the back, l may have disagreed with you.

But as we stand now, as you say, Stockers is by far and away our most consiatent and reliable performer. Player of the Season material in fact.

Yep, many of those uncomfortable draws & 1.0's would've been losses with even average goalkeeping performances

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Best keeper with his feet we have ever had by a long long way.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I'm a massive fan of his for this level. Not just his distribution but his all round game is very good for this level. I'd also say that's he's one of our players that could rather easily make the step up if we were to get promoted.I'd add that I think his form has been steadily increasing since Hughton came in last season, rather than his form picking up during this season alone.

Step back up, in his case, to be pedantic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here