Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Uckfield Seagull I remember the good times's Avatar

Overcharged for Pie (A Hot Dog is involved in this story) & Pint AGAIN

0 Not allowed!
    Being superstitious I always use the same till in the Upper East to get my fix of burger and pint. I've complained on here before about being overcharged and for the Boro game it happened again. Pint, Burger & Crisps clearly marked as £9 but charged £9.30. I didn't say anything as I got hounded last time. But last night AGAIN. Hot Dog (all other food gone by 7:15) and Pint clearly marked above my head as £8 but charged £8.20 This time I questioned it and the reply was 'the till says £8.20 and that is what I have to charge'. Overcharging is illegal, especially when they have been informed about it on numerous occasions. Yes it is only 20p and I can survive without it, but principles!
    Cant be bothered to talk football today, but still confident of a winning season.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by I remember the good times View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Being superstitious I always use the same till in the Upper East to get my fix of burger and pint. I've complained on here before about being overcharged and for the Boro game it happened again. Pint, Burger & Crisps clearly marked as £9 but charged £9.30. I didn't say anything as I got hounded last time. But last night AGAIN. Hot Dog (all other food gone by 7:15) and Pint clearly marked above my head as £8 but charged £8.20 This time I questioned it and the reply was 'the till says £8.20 and that is what I have to charge'. Overcharging is illegal, especially when they have been informed about it on numerous occasions. Yes it is only 20p and I can survive without it, but principles!
      Cant be bothered to talk football today, but still confident of a winning season.
      Next time have right money... give it to them and walk away.

0 Not allowed!
      You seem confused - you've started a thread about a pie and a pint yet go on to talk about a hot dog.

No cheese and onion pasties last night incidentally, replaced by the far better spinach, ricotta and mushroom pie.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Why is it illegal?

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      You seem confused - you've started a thread about a pie and a pint yet go on to talk about a hot dog.

No cheese and onion pasties last night incidentally, replaced by the far better spinach, ricotta and mushroom pie.
      Thread title now corrected.......

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhanutz View Post
      Why is it illegal?
      "including false or deceptive messages"

If you advertise a product as £9.00 but charge more, that's false advertising.

https://www.gov.uk/marketing-adverti...ct-advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I asked for a cheeseburger and a pint of kronenburg, cost £8. Went away had sip of drink only to find it was strong bow, went back to til and supervisor said was out of kronenburg and gave me 2 pints of fosters instead !

Great service!!
      Staring at the rude boys happypig's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post

Is this permanent ? If so, I might go with an empty tum on Friday ?
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
      Pretty rubbish superstition to be honest, if you end up getting overcharged every time. Ever thought about trying another till?
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by StonehamPark View Post
      "including false or deceptive messages"

If you advertise a product as £9.00 but charge more, that's false advertising.

https://www.gov.uk/marketing-adverti...ct-advertising
      I had this argument with Tesco once and they said something like it is an offer to contract or something similar and therefore not illegal. I'm not a lawyer so wouldn't know..just curious