Votes: 27 42.9%

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Had a rare prawn sandwich night in 1901 with my mate last night. Good times except the football and the fact there seemed to be a few Ipswich in there. A mate of mine was also in there for the Birmingham game and had a Birmingham fan right behind him who was cheering them on and celebrated their goal.

For me it's not on to pay more than anyone else and then have to put up with this. Either football's segregated or it's not. Am I right, am I an out of touch dinosaur or do I just not "get" corporate.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Tricky one but I think yes should be allowed. I took two Charlton fans...Who were very happy half time bought the Beer and pies....Then left very grumpy. So yes doesn`t worry me in the least.
Also took my two Man city supporting sons to the Emirates last week in Arsenal supporters Stand.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Tricky one but I think yes should be allowed. I took two Charlton fans...Who were very happy half time bought the Beer and pies....Then left very grumpy. So yes doesn`t worry me in the least.

To be fair it's probably more annoying when we lose!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Away fans are allowed in hospitality in a lot of grounds. I've done it myself once, at Port Vale, when we won the third division in 2002.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Away fans are welcome in premium areas pretty much everywhere.

I've been in a box with only Albion fans at Palace (for the play-off match) and Barnsley.

The group I went with to Barnsley had a box somewhere else last season and they (possibly including me) are doing the same at Preston later this season.

At Palace it did get slightly heated with some home fans in an adjoining box, whilst other Palace fans were very welcoming.

Barnsley were great hosts until one of our group got overly flirtatious with a female Barnsley fan to the annoyance of her husband. We made our excuses and left at that point.

Briefly I thought we were going to have to go in the posh seats at Derby. They make it very clear that opposing fans are welcome but that you will be in close proximity to home fans and should behave appropriately.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No they shouldnt, a bloke i know has just got a five year ban for an altercation with an away fan who was taking the piss.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Had a rare prawn sandwich night in 1901 with my mate last night. Good times except the football and the fact there seemed to be a few Ipswich in there. A mate of mine was also in there for the Birmingham game and had a Birmingham fan right behind him who was cheering them on and celebrated their goal.

For me it's not on to pay more than anyone else and then have to put up with this. Either football's segregated or it's not. Am I right, am I an out of touch dinosaur or do I just not "get" corporate.
Yes you are.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It's a silly question really, there's a lot of 'neutrals' in those sections, I've been loads of times. Is it mandatory that we have to support Brighton?? Or is just enjoying the game okay?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's a yes from me, but clearly fans of another side should obviously be respectful when in there.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Perhaps the Bloke you know was a tad aggresive ?
He can be , and i'll be honest i dont know the full story, but my point is if the away fan wasnt there or at the very least wasnt allowed to celebrate/take the piss then there wouldnt have been a problem, i take my kids to football, in fact even if i didnt i still wouldnt want to get involved in punch ups , but i would find it intensely annoying if say , last night i was in the 1901 and an ipswich fan was celebrating the goal near me , i sit in the esl family and thought it was taking the piss last season when there was a woman sat in there wearing a leeds hat at the game ,football is irretrievably(if you want any semblance of an atmosphere) tribal.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Doesn't matter how much you've paid, if you're in with the other side's supporters then keep it to yourself. If that makes me a dinosaur then so be it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think away fans should be allowed, but the home club should always make it clear that whilst they are welcome, their behaviour should reflect the fact they are surrounded by home support.

I did Palace away where we were sat next to a box including some bell-end proudly announcing he had been Palace's top boy in the past - which was awkward - and I'm doing Preston away too.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Yes - I have 2 seats so I can take friends who support other teams. I've also sat in the beautiful Holmesdale end and in the old Chelsea shed watching the Albion.

The real question is can anyone say anywhere act like a knob.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yes - I have 2 seats so I can take friends who support other teams. I've also sat in the beautiful Holmesdale end and in the old Chelsea shed watching the Albion.

The real question is can anyone say anywhere act like a knob.
Just being pedantic you didnt ever SIT in the old chelsea shed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, of course.

It's hospitality. Club members can extend that to whoever they wish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here