Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Murphy's "goal" have stood?

Should Murphy's "goal" have stood?

• Yes - the player wide right was playing him onside

Votes: 123 92.5%
  • No - he was offside

Votes: 10 7.5%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Murphy disallowed goal Ipswich.jpg

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Watching on the radio he was clearly onside.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
At best, he's clearly on-side. At worst, it is a paper thin margin but isn't the benefit of doubt supposed to go with the attacker.

So a sh!t decision has cost us a point it seems.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
33378912.jpg
In an interview after the game the official concerned, admitted to a forthcoming appointment with Specsavers.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Onside. I was certain it was a goal at the time then doubted myself later due to the amount of ale I'd had and people near me not celebrating or cutting off their cheer quickly.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
I can understand why the lino gave it offside, he only gets one chance and it was incredibly tight. Just another call for video technology to help assist the referees...

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think if we had scored at that stage I think we had a very good chance of going on to win the game I normally except that you win some and lose some calls but this one could prove very costly. Maybe it's time for some technology to be used in limited situations but we could open a can of worms.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Absolutely 100% onside.

I'm in WSU more or less on the goal line. I am baffled at how a lino mere yards away could have gotten it wrong.

I say this every season it seems but there has to be some sort of recourse for poor officiating. As it is, they have shockers and are then back on the pitch the following week. It doesn't help with the loss of points but maybe if they started getting some sort of punitive action for being **** they'd stop being so GOD-DAMN ****.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
From the still photograph posted by Bozza I would say he looks to be offside, which I thought at the time, but if anybody has a video of it we may get a better view. It was a 50/50 decision and could have one either way.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
From the still photograph posted by Bozza I would say he looks to be offside, which I thought at the time, but if anybody has a video of it we may get a better view. It was a 50/50 decision and could have one either way.

If only there were some sort of handy online video. Oh wait....

http://www.skysports.com/football/brighton-vs-ipswich/339809

Not only was he onside, the left back holds up the hand of apology to his team mates.

#TheGrandadParodyAcoountContinues

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All the officials were shocking all night. The North end Lino both halves seemed to not understand the offside rule. There was another where Murphy was put through on the halfway line and seemed to time the run perfectly. But too perfectly as the poor official lazily raised his flag once he'd seen Murphy running about 5 yards ahead of the defenders. Obviously I'd need a replay but it looked on. Again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I just looked at the vote and thought 'how the hell could 3 people call that offside - must be the palace sad trolls.' Then read your post and remembered your account :thumbsup:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I try to think on the basis that these things even themselves out over a season to a large degree.

When, not if, soccerball moves to fourth officials and Hawkeye technology then a lot of the pleasure of watching will be removed as talking points will no longer exist, along with threads like this.

But the goal should have stood as it was not offside, but.............meh :shrug:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
And do you reckon the linos ever review their decisions in the vain hope that the f*****s might
learn from their mistakes? My guess is that they go back to their day jobs where everyone hates them
because they are usually power hungry a**holes and forget about it until the next match where
they screw up again and again and again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here