Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jfc to start v wolves

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I suspect Wilson and Murphy will play off Hemed or Zamora.

With a midfield diamond of Crofts, Kayal and Stephens.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope we don't set up not to lose, although I'll understand if we do. Really hope Manu gets a start personally, not that I have anything against JFC, but what would he bring that we haven't already got?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I hope we don't set up not to lose, although I'll understand if we do. Really hope Manu gets a start personally, not that I have anything against JFC, but what would he bring that we haven't already got?

Absolutely nothing. As I say, JFC will probably start the game at Hull, but that's purely and simply because our usual starting eleven all need some much earned rest.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the only change will be Wilson to play up front in place of Van La Parre and we will revert to our previously succesful 4-4-2. Personally I would replace Calderon with Chicksen as I thought he was awful against Ipswich. His heart is there but sadly neither his lega nor ability are now up to scratch for us.

Having Crofts in midfield gave us the presence we have been missing since LR last played there. Lets get back to winning ways Friday.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I think the only change will be Wilson to play up front in place of Van La Parre and we will revert to our previously succesful 4-4-2. Personally I would replace Calderon with Chicksen as I thought he was awful against Ipswich. His heart is there but sadly neither his lega nor ability are now up to scratch for us.

Having Crofts in midfield gave us the presence we have been missing since LR last played there. Lets get back to winning ways Friday.

How do you accommodate Crofts, Kayal and Stephens in a 4-4-2 ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well I think JFC is a tad unlucky to be below Crofts in the pecking order, I think he's got a greater goal threat, energy and a bit more about him than Crofts. You could say the same about Ince too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How do you accommodate Crofts, Kayal and Stephens in a 4-4-2 ?

The reply to that one is going to be interesting

Very easy Murphy wide right, Crofts and Stephens in the central role with Kayal drifting out wide left as he did most of the game yesterday. This allows either of the 3 to swop right or left and just leave Murphy as the wide man either right or left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here