Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk / Greer Mistakes

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Just to put this to rest once and for all.

I've gone through the ever so boring task of reading through the old Match Threads in combination with the BBC Match Reports and have compiled the ultimate list of HOWLERS made by our CB's which have led to points dropped/lost.

Note: Both players still have my absolute support, Dunk was excellent last season and is obviously going through a very rough patch. He'll pull through it.

Dunk
Ipswich 1 Point (Slip directly leading to goal)
QPR 2 Points (Sending off 85+ mins indirectly leading to Austin's second goal)
Burnley 2 Points (Penalty)
Derby 2 Points* (Mistake indirectly leading to First Goal)

Greer
Derby 2 Points* (Penalty - Second Goal)

*Both Dunk and Greer made critical mistakes against Derby and therefore share the spoils.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
:ffsparr:

Maybe try watching the games for yourself rather than relying on the BBC reports. You'll have a better appreciation of what's happened and you won't sound so biased.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What about near misses as well? Dunk's MK Dons lunge springs to mind.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
You seem to have overlooked he many occasions when Greer lost his man.

Certainly responsible for a goal or two against Middlesborough.

Also Dunk often bails Greer out with a last ditch tackle, how often does Greer do the same for Dunk?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
:ffsparr:

Maybe try watching the games for yourself rather than relying on the BBC reports. You'll have a better appreciation of what's happened and you won't sound so biased.

I watched 3 out of the 4 games (didn't see last night's).
Also, read the post, I like Dunk and want him to pull through this severe dip in form ASAP. Biased? ???

What about near misses as well? Dunk's MK Dons lunge springs to mind.

Yep I did consider this, Stockdale and Bruno have contributed to one fairly indirect goal each. But not direct enough to earn a place on the list.
Happy to be challenged if I've missed anyone though.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You seem to have overlooked he many occasions when Greer lost his man.

Certainly responsible for a goal or two against Middlesborough.

Also Dunk often bails Greer out with a last ditch tackle, how often does Greer do the same for Dunk?
Yes two of those goals while he was day dreaming

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
You've undermined your argument by saying Dunk is indirectly responsible for goals yet not looking at Greer being responsible directly, or indirectly, for recent goals conceded.

Greer was at fault for arguably all 3 goals against 'Boro, he was at fault for the first goal against QPR, Dunk was not at fault for QPR's second goal, Bruno was. Greer was responsible for Derby, I'm not quite sure how you can put the blame at Dunk's feet for that.

Basically, you want Greer in the team ahead of Dunk or you just want Dunk gone. Don't omit facts to fit your argument as it totally undermines the argument you're trying to put forward.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
You've undermined your argument by saying Dunk is indirectly responsible for goals yet not looking at Greer being responsible directly, or indirectly, for recent goals conceded.

Greer was at fault for arguably all 3 goals against 'Boro, he was at fault for the first goal against QPR, Dunk was not at fault for QPR's second goal, Bruno was. Greer was responsible for Derby, I'm not quite sure how you can put the blame at Dunk's feet for that.

Basically, you want Greer in the team ahead of Dunk or you just want Dunk gone. Don't omit facts to fit your argument as it totally undermines the argument you're trying to put forward.

I dunno - I seem to have been able to recall the goals from recent games that we've conceded. See my post above.

If the top post is all from your own recollection, I do suggest having a quick look on Seagulls Player.
I've never seen you on NSC but you do make me laugh, please keep up appearances: "Basically, you want Greer in the team ahead of Dunk or you just want Dunk gone." Read the OP. :lolol:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I don't need to - I was either there or watched the games on TV for all but the Derby game where Greer lunged in and gave away a penalty, which I watched on both Sky Sports and the Football League show. Basically, attributing only one mistake to Greer in recent games yet stacking up loads for Dunk (and having half of them as "indirect" mistakes) just isn't giving a full picture of how both have performed in recent games, nor the mistakes they've made that have led to goals. Feel free to go and watch the goals again yourself though, rather than reading BBC reports which is what you said you'd done in your first post.

Maybe you have no alterior motive, maybe you were simply trying to highlight the recent mistakes of both CBs. In which case I've helped your argument.

If it's any consolation, I've never seen you on here either. Nice to meet you.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Lets put this to bed once and for all.

Defenders at this level make mistakes. Deal with it.

They're not the reason we haven't scored in three games.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Lets put this to bed once and for all.

Defenders at this level make mistakes. Deal with it.

100% agree with you.
That's why I didn't include Uwe, Bruno, Calderon or Stockdale in the list. They have all in some way contributed to opposition goals, but not to the level that Dunk has this season (5-7 points lost due to grave errors).

Just highlighting that the current criticism of Dunk on NSC this season is just.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Just putting this out there, Gree has had a fantastic season. A vast improvement from last year, yet people still criticise him like they did last season.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Just putting this out there, Gree has had a fantastic season. A vast improvement from last year, yet people still criticise him like they did last season.

Agree.
I think Greer's quality.
Been my favourite Albion player for a few years now.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We are having a very good season and one of the reasons for this seems to be that Hughton has instilled the message of collective responsibility. This side wins, draws or loses as a squad. When asked about it yesterday, the message from Hughton and from Crofts was 'These things happen. What is important is how the team reacts to them.'

It would seem a good idea for us fans to take the same view. Yes, Dunk made a mistake last night, but every player in the squad has made mistakes. Dunk and Greer have also been a big part of some excellent team performances.

Let's not undermine what the club is achieving, by looking for scapegoats the moment things don't go our way.

The message is 'Together,' not 'Who can we blame for that?'

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here