Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge Car Park last night

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Did any other parking season ticket holders not get parked???

It was a disaster and I will be writing to the club with a few suggestions...the system of selling more spaces than are actually available seems a tad daft ...missed first 15 mins last night because of it

PS anyone know Paul Barbers email addy ...not too sure I have much confidence in the Transport Manager judging by comments I've seen on here.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Did any other parking season ticket holders not get parked???

In the end yes: ended up parked on the access road just the car park side of the bridge. But missed start of the game after twenty minute wait and not happy: why did I pay in advance for a car park and then find that there are no spaces? Surely someone could keep spaces reserved for people who paid up front?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
In the end yes: ended up parked on the access road just the car park side of the bridge. But missed start of the game after twenty minute wait and not happy: why did I pay in advance for a car park and then find that there are no spaces? Surely someone could keep spaces reserved for people who paid up front?

The problem is, like season tickets, not everyone who buys one will turn up for the match. The only solution may be to get there earlier or use park and ride

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Never mind the Bridge Car Park being chaos, the Coach Park seemed just as bad.

Certainly upon leaving, we were sat on the coach for a good half hour before any coaches were allowed to leave. From what I could see of the situation, the stewards were giving priority to the cars on Village Way, (many of which had only one occupant), before allowing coaches out just one or two at a time.

Such a shame they can't close Village Way to traffic for a short time after games, just to let coaches, and for that matter Park & Ride buses, make their getaway.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The problem is, like season tickets, not everyone who buys one will turn up for the match. The only solution may be to get there earlier or use park and ride

But then you wouldn't sell a persons seat if it's already been sold...the problem is selling more spaces than there actually are.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Strange post match on the P&R buses. Left at the normal time, cheer last player off and then run like hell, but the queues were already the length of the road. Generally I get on the first set of buses but Tuesday it was a good 20 min wait. It was like someone had imported a pile of supporters and dumped them in the queue. Where did they all come from?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Strange post match on the P&R buses. Left at the normal time, cheer last player off and then run like hell, but the queues were already the length of the road. Generally I get on the first set of buses but Tuesday it was a good 20 min wait. It was like someone had imported a pile of supporters and dumped them in the queue. Where did they all come from?

Despite dire warnings the trains were quiet, arriving was a breeze and leaving was no better or worse than normal.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Not helped leaving by twats like Ian C with his Range Rover not letting people out - you might think you're Mr Big but nothing screams massive **** than a dodgy personalised plate, gilet, replica shirt and baseball cap on a chubby mid forties bloke.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Never mind the Bridge Car Park being chaos, the Coach Park seemed just as bad.

Certainly upon leaving, we were sat on the coach for a good half hour before any coaches were allowed to leave. From what I could see of the situation, the stewards were giving priority to the cars on Village Way, (many of which had only one occupant), before allowing coaches out just one or two at a time.

Such a shame they can't close Village Way to traffic for a short time after games, just to let coaches, and for that matter Park & Ride buses, make their getaway.

Strange I thought the coach park exit was excellent. Our coach to Seaford left @ 9.58 so 2 minutes early of the scheduled departure time.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Uni car park cleared amazingly smoothly last night... often takes 20-25 minutes... last night hardly any queues at all. Please can they keep it like that.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I park at Wild Park, there was surprisingly little traffic coming up from Mithras. Easiest I've ever got out.

el punal

Train travel from London up the Swanee, so many train users (both Albion and Ipswich fans) would have driven instead and therefore used the Park and Ride.

Bigger crowd (nearly 28,000) than usual for evening game.

We lost, so many fans didn't stay behind for a celebration beer.

And probably a million other reasons that I can't think of at the moment, because I'm hoping and praying that we get back to winning ways against Wolves on Friday!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not helped leaving by twats like Ian C with his Range Rover not letting people out - you might think you're Mr Big but nothing screams massive **** than a dodgy personalised plate, gilet, replica shirt and baseball cap on a chubby mid forties bloke.

We had to deal with a nimrod who'd driven straight into his parking space, who was then unable to reverse out because of all the surrounding traffic :facepalm:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Uni car park always clears nicely.

Bizarre that they sell more spaces in Bridge Car Park than there are spaces. Asking for trouble.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It was a disaster and I will be writing to the club with a few suggestions...the system of selling more spaces than are actually available seems a tad daft ...missed first 15 mins last night because of it

PS anyone know Paul Barbers email addy ...not too sure I have much confidence in the Transport Manager judging by comments I've seen on here.

Paul.Barber@bhafc.co.uk :)

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
It took forever to get along Coldean Lane last night and the delay turned out to be a queue from the Hikers Rest lights to the Bridge Car Park. I've never seen that before. Eventually was able to turn into the uni where, in CP1, a steward had parked a car across the entrance to the spaces closest to the top of the steps and claimed it was because it was full - fair enough - I parked further along in the main area of car parking but when walked through the closed off section it wasn't even half full - mildly irritating to be lied to when I'm paying a small fortune to park. If there is a good reason to block it off, say so, if not let people park there!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Uni car park always clears nicely.

Bizarre that they sell more spaces in Bridge Car Park than there are spaces. Asking for trouble.

I can't believe this was intentional. Must have been an admin **** up. I'll be interested to see Barber's reply.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We had to deal with a nimrod who'd driven straight into his parking space, who was then unable to reverse out because of all the surrounding traffic :facepalm:
Yes, us too if it was the Ipswich fan fairly close to the bottom of the car park. His mate was out of the car to guide him out, we had been waiting for twenty minutes or so, stationary, and for some reason he thought he should just turn up and reverse straight out. He also had 3 children packed into the back of his estate. Reminded me of the 70's lol!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here