Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 24 games, 2 losses, 4th place, 8 points clear of 7th

Would you have taken 2 losses, 4th place and 8 points clear of 7th after 24 games on 01/08

• Hell yeah

Votes: 113 92.6%
  • No - I had higher hopes for this season

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Most definitely. It's been a disappointing run but we were bound to have a blip. Still confident we can push on from here.

I suspect most of us would have taken much less than that. Bravo Chris Hughton but now he must be backed by the board after showing how superbly he can outperform with first-choice players rather than squad stiffs

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nope. We should still be unbeaten, smashing teams by 4 or 5 goals every match and have the best defensive record in the division. Anything less suggests an utter shambles and heads should role...starting with Barber, naturally.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well, for the bed wetters...... Let's just say that Boro had Ayala, Leadbetter, Downing, Clayton and Friend out, plus a.n.other out and some long term....and Derby had Martin, Johnson, Keogh and a couple of others.....then the same scenario for the other clubs in and around...in fact the whole division.....how do you think they would be coping....winning or struggling.
Jeez there are some blinkered and dumb people around.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I wanted us 7 points clear of 7th place before the last two games.

As I predicted 6th at the beginning of the season, a strong start was obligatory because of our fixture list. That was before I saw the fixture list though. Pleased with the results but a bit disappointed with some of our performances.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i was reluctant to put us for top 6 finish in my tipping comp but i did.......all the time we were top i thought it was too good to be true and now the team is decimated with injuries we will struggle until players come back or we get new ones in......with derby and boro out of the way i guess we could match anyone in the play-offs with a fit squad.........funny old game innit...!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would you have taken that on 1st August?

Hell yes. Would have happily taken something around mid table after last season, which would have represented decent progress. Trouble is expectations have been sent sky high after a mad 20 games. Think we'll come out of this little injury-driven slump in the next couple of weeks as players return and reinforcements arrive. Not seen another team in the division that would threaten us if we were at or near full strength. Have been dreadfully unlucky with injuries.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Glass very much half-full here. Said last night that it is the small margins that affect games, hit the bar, marginal offside, defensive error. Earlier in the season some went for us, now a few have gone against.
Time to dig deep, and things will be fine.

Don't panic, don't panic. Beaker.gif

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well, for the bed wetters...... Let's just say that Boro had Ayala, Leadbetter, Downing, Clayton and Friend out, plus a.n.other out and some long term....and Derby had Martin, Johnson, Keogh and a couple of others.....then the same scenario for the other clubs in and around...in fact the whole division.....how do you think they would be coping....winning or struggling.
Jeez there are some blinkered and dumb people around.

Completely agree. Look what happened to Derby when they lost Martin and Bent last season.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If most were being honest anything that was better than last year would have been good. I was hoping for a top 10 at best and some better football.
It's a shame injuries have taken their toll. Key injuries as well. LuaLua player of the month in August hardly been seen since.
Bong as good a left back in the league out for months. March filling in for LuaLua and looking like one of the best singers in the championship out till next season. That topped with 4-5 others seems to have slightly derailed us. Some players looking tired as well. Hopefully January we can pad out the squad a bit and work hard on hunting Derby down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here