Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hughton ALWAYS be a DULLARD ?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Probably a tad unfair considering the improvements made this term. That said, I'm surprised it took you 5 mins to recognise this was a mistake. We thought this was erroneous before play started.
We are not getting enough wins under our belt Mr Chris, playing at home against close rivals we need to score feckin goals!
Disappointing....:down:

In my view, if we'd started with the team we finished with, we'd have had this in the bag by halftime.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did seem a very negative team selection I have to confess. High spots were Goldson and Crofts for me

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
One striker on from the start and after 5 minutes I could TELL this was a MISTAKE, we needed PACE and get amongst them but Hughton just went BORING and it cost us at least a point. I think Hughton is too much of a DULLARD to get us up and maybe we should be thinking of a NEW manager as well as NEW players.

Thought you were a Hughton fan, you've changed your TOON

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Probably a tad unfair considering the improvements made this term. That said, I'm surprised it took you 5 mins to recognise this was a mistake. We thought this was erroneous before play started.
We are not getting enough wins under our belt Mr Chris, playing at home against close rivals we need to score feckin goals!
Disappointing....:down:

In my view, if we'd started with the team we finished with, we'd have had this in the bag by halftime.

Ignoring the fact that Hughton said neither Zamora or Wilson were fit enough to start, when have we had a match in the bag by half time this season? We've only ever won by one goal all year with a full squad available so to say we'd have had the game in the bag by half time is odd.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Is this Groundhog Day?

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
One striker on from the start and after 5 minutes I could TELL this was a MISTAKE, we needed PACE and get amongst them but Hughton just went BORING and it cost us at least a point. I think Hughton is too much of a DULLARD to get us up and maybe we should be thinking of a NEW manager as well as NEW players.

Jesus christ... ??? I thought there might be something like this circulating, but keep it to yourself... One good season on Football Manager and you think you know best... IMO one striker and 5 packing the midfield tightened up the defence which has been leaky, and should've kept the game level. We were unlucky not to get a goal, and it should've been a 1-0 to the albion game.

I expect we'll see 2 upfront against Wolves who should be less dangerous in the midfield.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Whilst I fully agree with you about pace being needed, and totally understand your frustration, as expectations have been so high, I am awaiting your alternative suggestion in terms of players. Given that BZ is slower than Hemed, SB is not yet ready and Wilson was stated as being unwell, whom would you have brought on for that all-important pace? We are down to the bare bones and it is not as if CH had much choice.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This is what you get when you employ a TRIED and TESTED ENGLISH manager. Should have given the job to some temperamental FOREIGN manager.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
... IMO one striker and 5 packing the midfield tightened up the defence which has been leaky, and should've kept the game level. We were unlucky not to get a goal, and it should've been a 1-0 to the albion game.
Yes, that was pretty much my reaction when the team was announced too - seemed the right decision at the time.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Ignoring the fact that Hughton said neither Zamora or Wilson were fit enough to start, when have we had a match in the bag by half time this season? We've only ever won by one goal all year with a full squad available so to say we'd have had the game in the bag by half time is odd.

I'll tell you what's odd.... Someone imagining that we will never at anytime be leading by more than a goal at halftime. ???

Was your reply just a bizarre necessary need to seek something contrary to post?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Would have been a different moan if our legitimate goal had stood and "someone" had not made a howler mistake. Very, very annoying but that is football!!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'll tell you what's odd.... Someone imagining that we will never at anytime be leading by more than a goal at halftime. ???

Was your reply just a bizarre necessary need to seek something contrary to post?

No, it's odd to assume with a slightly different team selection that we would have done something that hasn't happened all season. I agree if we'd had more players fit we would have got something last night but Hughton says that both Wilson and Zamora weren't fit to start. Do you think he is lying?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

If Zamora was fit enough to come on a play a very good 30 minute shift at the end of the match, then I fail to understand why he couldn't have started and played the first 45 mins. With his ability up front from kick off we might just have been one or two ahead by half time. ENREST is probably at least partly correct.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Did seem a very negative team selection I have to confess. High spots were Goldson and Crofts for me

I think more cautious than negative. He probably put Crofts just in front of the back four because it was Goldson’s first full game and to also help Calde out. You have to bear in mind that the opposing teams will target our weak spots especially our LB. The rest of the formation was primarily based on a back five.

It was a blunder at the back and the disallowed goal that cost us not negative tactics.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think more cautious than negative. He probably put Crofts just in front of the back four because it was Goldson’s first full game and to also help Calde out. You have to bear in mind that the opposing teams will target our weak spots especially our LB. The rest of the formation was primarily based on a back five.

It was a blunder at the back and the disallowed goal that cost us not negative tactics.

You may be right but playing the slow and pedestrian out of form Hemed upfront on his own is no way to set up for a home game and is negative imo

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here