Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New York in February

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Taking the wife to New York in February, what are the chances of it snowing there around that time?

Been looking at previous thread on NY and re hotels

these have been mentioned:

Belvedere
Metro
The Salisbury
The New Yorker. 34th Street and 8th Avenue.
Affinia Manhatten
Archer Hotel
Carlton Arms
Any others to consider?

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
It should snow but they had a heat wave last week. Even the boats were out in Central Park. Was there at beginning of Feb and very cold but no snow. Good idea to stay around Times Square for a central location.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It should snow but they had a heat wave last week. Even the boats were out in Central Park. Was there at beginning of Feb and very cold but no snow. Good idea to stay around Times Square for a central location.

Can get a good deal at the The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel on 7th Ave.
Is this one of the good ones ?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The Bentley on 59th & York.

Personally I wouldn't stay in Times Sq but would walk to it (its horrid anyway - exactly the same as Piccadilly Circus but with more people!)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Can't say enough good things about the New Yorker - I never stay anywhere else when I'm in NY.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Personally I wouldn't stay in Times Sq but would walk to it (its horrid anyway - exactly the same as Piccadilly Circus but with more people!)

Stay a block or two away from Times Square perhaps. I really like the Hilton Times Square (rooms start on about the 21st floor so it's not noisy and the views are great), the Hyatt and for a more boutique type feel the Iriquois (although rooms are small). Belvedere is OK. I also like the Drake, and the Waldorf Astoria on Park Av.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
West Village is where you want to stay.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton

Actually agree about Times square (and it's not square), that it's not all that, but I meant it is a good location as you are central and can easily travel to all the sites.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Getting a bit colder now - but has been really mild hitting about 65 on Christmas Day. Will it snow in February - the jury's out. Think a lot of New Yorkers, including me, would be happy for the mild weather to continue.

Agree with comments about Times Square, avoid. In fact one of the only reasons to go is to see the topless totty - Desnudas- but that is a lot more restricted than it was a few months ago.

Jlburak

Dec 27, 2015
New York
As others have said avoid the Times Square area. I'd recommend looking up the 4/5/6 or 1/2/3 and A/C/E trains to identify locations.

hard to say if we'll have snow though temps have started dropping - currently in the 0/32 range.

If there's a match check out the website for Football Factory NY - we usually wind up with anywhere from 5-10 people for a viewing

Taking the wife to New York in February, what are the chances of it snowing there around that time?

Been looking at previous thread on NY and re hotels

these have been mentioned:

Belvedere
Metro
The Salisbury
The New Yorker. 34th Street and 8th Avenue.
Affinia Manhatten
Archer Hotel
Carlton Arms
Any others to consider?

Strimm

Apr 2, 2011
New York
Pretty high chance of snow in Feb. In any case it will probably be very cold. Check the 10 day forecast on weather.com before you head over.

Most of the hotels are in Times Square, but I'm in the avoid it camp. It is pretty horrendous and the bars and restaurants are generally crass tourist traps like Bubba Gump Shrimp and TGI Fridays. So many great places to eat and drink in East Village, Lower East Side, West Village, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Flatiron.

Worth checking out Airbnb. You could probably find a decent apartment in a cool residential area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here