Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have I missed something?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
From the way some people seem to be responding to tonight's game, we have been hammered at home and are lucky to be outside the bottom three.

When did that happen?

Tonight I saw our injury-ravaged team lose only their second game of the season. It was a narrow defeat, the goal came from a mistake, we controlled large periods of the game and it was poor final balls that meant we couldn't get anything from the game. Both teams hit the woodwork and we had a goal disallowed for offside on the follow-up from a tremendous reaction save. Take Dunk's mistake out of the equation and I'm not convinced we'd have lost. A narrow defeat that leaves us in fourth place at the end of 2015. The transfer window is about to open and in a few weeks players on the injured list should become available.

Is it only me that isn't completely despondent?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But we haven't won in 5, haven't scored in 3. We are dropping like a stone.

Now lost 2 games, the same as Derby who are pulling away with Boro

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
The problem is that many of us rely on the radio/internet commentary and are frustrated as we cannot see what really happens in a game. Unfortunately the lack of real enthusiasm that comes across doesn't necessarily reflect the actual events on the pitch

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I think the OP summed up the game pretty well.

It was a very tight game which was lost by a mistake. I think if we get some decent players in January we've still got a chance. We play well as a team and have a good strong manager.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
the fact that potentially our 1st choice back 4 are out and our 2 most productive wingers also missing is obviously crippling but it looks like 2 will b back in the next couple of weeks bong and rosey shortly after i still think if we can hang on in there through jan we can then make a concerted effort for the autos during feb and march still all to play for in my opinion

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I think it is a sign of how well the team has done this year that people are appearing so despondent now. That said, seasons are built on momentum, be it positive or negative, and we need to do something fairly soon to shift the balance. 5 games without a win and 3 without a goal is not acceptable regardless of what's happened the rest of the season so far.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
From the way some people seem to be responding to tonight's game, we have been hammered at home and are lucky to be outside the bottom three.

When did that happen?

Tonight I saw our injury-ravaged team lose only their second game of the season. It was a narrow defeat, the goal came from a mistake, we controlled large periods of the game and it was poor final balls that meant we couldn't get anything from the game. Both teams hit the woodwork and we had a goal disallowed for offside on the follow-up from a tremendous reaction save. Take Dunk's mistake out of the equation and I'm not convinced we'd have lost. A narrow defeat that leaves us in fourth place at the end of 2015. The transfer window is about to open and in a few weeks players on the injured list should become available.

Post of the day, agree whole-heartedly

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think the OP summed up the game pretty well.

It was a very tight game which was lost by a mistake. I think if we get some decent players in January we've still got a chance. We play well as a team and have a good strong manager.

...and them hitting the bar and the post...and stockers making two blinding saves. We were luck to get away with 1 tonight.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We had the personnel (just) for a 442 and didnt. Poor management Hughton and as for Dunk...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

When did that happen?

Nope. Well said.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Think the concern is the fact we haven't looked like scoring in the last 270 minutes.

Get a couple players back and sign a couple and we should scrape the play offs.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I get a bit fed up with these 'well we would have have accepted this postition at the start of the season' type threads. The fact is, that we are not at the start of the season, we are half way through the season and because of that first half, the bar has been raised. We are currently on a downward spiral. If we don't arrest that slide then we will tumble out of the top 6. Maybe if we finish 10th shall I ask people if they would have accepted that considering where we are now.

We have been unlucky with injuries but today's performance was poor. The starting line up was negative and then individual decision making by players was dire. VLP couldn't provide a decent ball into the box and on too many occasions kept beating players then turning back into trouble rather than using the space created or trying to cross the ball through a player and, surprisingly, hitting him.

So, if you're happy with the way things are currently going then I'm pleased that you're content. I am not.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
...and them hitting the bar and the post...and stockers making two blinding saves. We were luck to get away with 1 tonight.

This - they really should've put the game to bed in the first half - we were very lucky to only be 1 goal down at half time.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This - they really should've put the game to bed in the first half - we were very lucky to only be 1 goal down at half time.

We were even more unlucky not to be either one up, or drawing, as tonights ref has apologised for getting Murphys offside goal wrong

Small margins

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Not a great game but many of our fans are fickle and hit the panic button. The squad is bare bones at the moment but ignored by many

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Squad is bare bones and there is certainly no lack of effort from the players. However I would have preferred to start 4-4-2 and had a good go at Ipswich. If Wilson was fit to come on as sub, I would have started him. And I wouldn't have taken Kayal off. Just my opinion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here