Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fan here

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
I've posted quite a few times on this forum (excellent btw) and had chats pre and post game.

Didn't get a chance before the game and now holed up in Lewes as trains back home a nightmare.

Very happy with that tonight obviously, five away wins on the bounce.

Thought we may have a chance when I saw your injury list and sticking Sears up against Calderon worked well for us in the first half,

I was very impressed with Goldson for you and I thought van La Parra was decent as well. Pleased to see Wilson on the bench.

See you in the playoffs?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I've posted quite a few times on this forum (excellent btw) and had chats pre and post game.

Didn't get a chance before the game and now holed up in Lewes as trains back home a nightmare.

Thought we may have a chance when I saw your injury list and sticking Sears up against Calderon worked well for us in the first half,

I was very impressed with Goldson for you and I thought van La Parra was decent as well. Pleased to see Wilson on the bench.

See you in the playoffs?

With all due respect, I hope not. I wanna beat Boro on the last day.......

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

See you in the playoffs?

Only if we get our squad back, we're missing too many players to sustain a challenge.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
With a full squad we're good enough to avoid the playoffs in the right direction. But it's going to be a challenge now.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

See you in the playoffs?

Welcome back, and wondered where you'd got to. Was a good game tonight, you looked impressive -- particularly Murphy's nous and finishing, and Sears' intelligent movement and work-rate.
You've picked out our best players from tonight -- that was Goldson's full debut, so you can imagine we have high hopes for him. We're currently a bit depleted courtesy of injuries. I think six of those that started at Portman Road were unavailable, and Solly March who was on the bench that day and subsequently looked like one of the most exciting wingers in the Championship is out for the rest of the season too.
All the best for the season, but can we play Leeds in the play-offs instead?

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
A good game with little between the two sides but we didn't really test the keeper despite a lot of effort. Just about a fair result I guess.

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
Welcome back, and wondered where you'd got to. Was a good game tonight, you looked impressive -- particularly Murphy's nous and finishing, and Sears' intelligent movement and work-rate.
You've picked out our best players from tonight -- that was Goldson's full debut, so you can imagine we have high hopes for him. We're currently a bit depleted courtesy of injuries. I think six of those that started at Portman Road were unavailable, and Solly March who was on the bench that day and subsequently looked like one of the most exciting wingers in the Championship is out for the rest of the season too.
All the best for the season, but can we play Leeds in the play-offs instead?

Cheers. Pleased to have Berra back on form and playing centre back tonight as he was missing at Portman Road and we had to reshuffle and play a kid at rightback against Lua-Lua who tore him a new one all afternoon that day.

Hughton doing an excellent job looking in from the outside.

Nov 5, 2012
chichester

See you in the playoffs?

We have to go straight up. I don't think I can cope with the play offs again. It's a horrible experience. You did a number on us tonight. Turning in to a real handful away from home. Good luck for rest of the season.

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
Thanks, we too have some horrific play-off memories but we are nowhere near the top two in quality.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Cheers. Pleased to have Berra back on form and playing centre back tonight as he was missing at Portman Road and we had to reshuffle and play a kid at rightback against Lua-Lua who tore him a new one all afternoon that day.

Hughton doing an excellent job looking in from the outside.

Hughton is doing a great job, we're very lucky to have him (you'll say the same for Mick). And well done for the c1800 that travelled the distance on a late December Tuesday night.
And, yes, Boro look top quality, and really know how to grind out a result (or teach opposition a lesson, in our case). Not quite so sure about Derby who I thought were lucky to get a draw against us.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

See you in the playoffs?

Arghh ...at least one Lewes not doing u any favours

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Two things. 1) Ipswich came with a game plan and it worked. You have one of the best strikers in the division and it was a difference maker, particularly with Sears rightly targeting Calderon so that you constantly had an outlet.

2) Whichever Brighton fans booed your lot when they announced how many you brought to the game should be ashamed. You brought a good crowd for a Tuesday night and it seemed like you were singing pretty regularly. So well done to your fans - you represented your team well.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
i would love Ipswich in the play offs with a near full squad.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Seven players out, five definite starters, Kayal and Stephens not getting a rest, looking tired as the team is picked by who is fit. Plus point was Goldson, get Bong, Lua Lua, Rosenior, Baldock, March, Uwe etc back and we have a squad again

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Seven players out, five definite starters, Kayal and Stephens not getting a rest, looking tired as the team is picked by who is fit. Plus point was Goldson, get Bong, Lua Lua, Rosenior, Baldock, March, Uwe etc back and we have a squad again
Compare tonight's 11 to the team that beat Ipswich in the away game and I make that 6 starters out: Bong, Greer, Uwe, KLL, Rosenior, Baldock. That's the sort of changes we'd be making for the first round of the League Cup!

theboybilly

Welcome back Arnold Lane, it was good having you on our forum before the Portman Road fixture. I was praying for an equaliser but somehow this defeat doesn't seem to hurt so much. As has previously been said Derby were lucky to hold us a few weeks ago and all of the sides above us are capable of losing. Hull City are struggling with their away form and Burnley are so-so. But nobody has had their first choice side decimated like ours. I'm sure we'll be fine soon. I'm looking forward to the post-match comments of two very good (and very decent) managers later

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'm worried about how well all these long term absentees will be able to slot back in. These are not minor injuries. I'd imagine a few will Essentially need a pre season to get their fitness back.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here