Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings - Ipswich (home )

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Stockdale 7. Usual consistent self
Bruno. 7. About the only one willing to take responsibility
Calderon. 5. Skinned by Sears a few times. Did his best
Dunk. 5. His terrible mistake was the difference
Goldson. 8. On that performance looks very very promising
Kayal 6. Has lost some of his early season fizz
Stephens. 5. Disappointing
Crofts. 6. Tried to get a grip on the game
Murphy 6 Not convinced he is championship quality but one of his better games
Vlp. 5 Lots of running but can't beat first man. What do u expect from someone who
Can't make wolves team ?
Hemed. 5. Ineffective as usual. Never in dangerous positions

Zamora 7. Why didn't he start over heked
Manu / Wilson. 6

Last edited:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Stockdale 7 - excellent distribution

Bruno 6 - some nice touches but let their winger get in too many crosses

Dunk 4 - cost us the match with his lapse of concentration and then nearly did the same thing a few minutes later

Goldson 8 - solid and very good on the ball

Calderon 5 - we all love Inigo but he is really struggling at left back. Time for Chicksen

Crofts 7 - broke things up and passed it well

Stephens 6 - saw a lot of the ball but was occasionally a bit ponderous

Kayal 5 - not his usual self. Sloppy

Van la Parra 6 - tried to make things happen but rarely got crosses into the box

Murphy 6 - a few promising runs but no final product

Hemed 5 - didn't hold it up well and didn't make himself an option enough

Subs:

Zamora 7 - sharp. Should have started

Wilson 5 - didn't get into it

Manu 6 - unpredictable but his pace caused them a couple of problems

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale 7 -- solid, great distribution
Bruno 6.5 -- usual flair, a few defensive lapses
Goldson 8.5 -- a quite brilliant full debut. Based on u-21 performances and what he'd done for Shrewsbury, I thought he'd do well, but he exceeded expectations
Dunk 4 -- dreadful lapse for the goal, and then repeated it a few minutes later, silly hand ball in their penalty area. He needs to learn to focus for 90 minutes
Calde 4.5 -- Chicksen should have started; he's running on empty, but Sears would have troubled anyone
Crofts 6 -- solid, but his technique lets him down at crucial attacking moments
Van La Parra 7 -- great dribbling and carrying the ball, but must have hit the first man about ten times with his (non-)crosses
Stephens 7 -- classy and imposing, brilliant flick for the disallowed goal
Kayal 5 -- off the pace, needs a rest
Murphy 6.5 -- so unlucky with that first half run; had one of his better recent games; another one that needs/deserves a rest
Hemed 5.5 -- some great passages of play, and looked better in this formation, but his lack of pace and potency became increasingly apparent as the game developed

Subs:
Zamora 7.5 -- really put himself about and deserved that goal
Wilson 4.5 -- I hope this was because he still wasn't feeling well
Manu 7 -- infectious rawness and comicality, loved the way that he backed himself with that run, nearly scored what would have been one of my favourite goals of late

I'll accept this loss if we can beat Wolves. Ridgwell plus one or two others in, KLL and Baldock back followed by others, and all things will begin to look a lot brighter. Onwards and, please, upwards.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
5 for la parra :lolol:

Yeah fAir enough . Probably a six for showing willing . Was thinking of all those crosses that failed to beat defender when I put 5. Never mom tho

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Stockdale - 7 (well played Dave, again)
Bruno - 7 (best season he's had at the Albion)
Goldson - 7 MOTM (brilliant debut, didn't look out of place at all)
Dunk - 4 (-2 for the mistakes he made. One for the goal and almost did the same again after)
Calderon - 5 (clear weeklink which was exposed)
VLP - 6 (tried his best, but so predictable and inconsistent)
Stephens - 5 (poorest game he's had, and I'm his biggest fan usually)
Kayal - 6 (not at his best)
Crofts - 7 (did well covering for his underperforming teammates)
Murphy - 6 (his dip in form continues, clearly suffering from not having a proper left back behind him)
Hamed - 5 (not good enough as a lone striker, needed support which wasn't there)

Subs
Zamora - 7 (was unlucky not to score with that flick)
Wilson - 5 (didn't look fit to play)
Manu - 5 (why didn't he square it to Zamora when we broke free!!)

Last edited:

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Goldson 8.5 -- a quite brilliant full debut. Based on u-21 performances and what he'd done for Shrewsbury, I thought he'd do well, but he exceeded expectations
Dunk 4 -- dreadful lapse for the goal, and then repeated it a few minutes later, silly hand ball in their penalty area. He needs to learn to focus for 90 minutes
Calde 4.5 -- Chicksen should have started; he's running on empty, but Sears would have troubled anyone
Van La Parra 7 -- great dribbling and carrying the ball, but must have hit the first man about ten times with his (non-)crosses
Murphy 6.5 -- so unlucky with that first half run; had one of his better recent games; another one that needs/deserves a rest
Hemed 5.5 -- some great passages of play, and looked better in this formation, but his lack of pace and potency became increasingly apparent as the game developed

Subs:
Manu 7 -- infectious rawness and comicality, loved the way that he backed himself with that run, nearly scored what would have been one of my favourite goals of late

I'll accept this loss if we can beat Wolves. Ridgwell plus one or two others in, KLL and Baldock back followed by others, and all things will begin to look a lot brighter. Onwards and, please, upwards.

Agree. Dunk was the difference between the two teams. I thought CH made best use of what players we currently have. Did Stockdale injure his right hand in warm up? Goldson MoM. Dunk can learn a lot from him.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Stockdale 7 Did nothing wrong and good distribution
Calderon 7 Good game
Bruno 7 Good game
Dunk 5 Obvious
Godson 8 Very composed and good going forward
Kayal 7 Not usual very high standards. He is one of our most creative players and couldn't understand why taken off
Stevens 6 Not one of better games
Croft 7 In role in front of back four did well. Should have gone of instead of Kayal
Hemed 4 Contributed nothing
Murphy 7 At least he is direct
Van La Para 4 Unbelievable how he is unable to cross

Zamora 7 Why on earth didn't he start

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree. Dunk was the difference between the two teams. I thought CH made best use of what players we currently have. Did Stockdale injure his right hand in warm up? Goldson MoM. Dunk can learn a lot from him.

I saw that with Stockdale too from afar in the (south end of the) West Upper. He was out for a few minutes, but then got straight back up and palmed away a few well-hit shots.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale - 7 - best passer in the side.
Bruno - 8 -
Calderon - 6 - a lot better than at Brentford
Goldson - 8
Dunk - 4 - terrible, terrible mistake, and nearly made a similar one moments after. Needs to recover quickly.
Stephens - 6
Kayal - 5.5 - has been off-form for me for a few games now.
Crofts - 8 - My MoM
Murphy - 5 - I remain on the fence as to whether he's good enough
VLP - 6 - Lots of ball, little in terms of delivery and often ignores better options
Hemed - 6 - worked hard, that's about it.

Zamora - 6.5 - made a difference
Wilson - 4.5 - clearly ill and hardly contributed
Manu - 5 - The pace is a myth, couldn't outpace a donkey CB, but he did have a go.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Stockdale - did what he had to do well - 7
Calderon - awful, their winger had him for breakfast lunch and tea every time - 4
Dunk - his mistakes are becoming predictable and have already cost us too many points - 4
Goldson - steady, showed promise, crucially didn't make a mistake - 7
Bruno - good game - 7.5
Kayal - has lost a bit of sparkle but still did ok - why the **** did Hewton take him off and not Crofts? - 6.5
Stevens - looked knackered, too many misplaced passes - 5
Croft - solid but limited - 6
Hemed - awful, powderpuff performance against tall, strong, fit and quick defenders - 3
Murphy - has discovered that the defenders are better in this league and tackle harder - doesn't like it very much - 5
Van la Parra - ok, tried hard - 6

Zamora - we didn't play to his strengths - 5
Wilson - looks like a player waiting for his re-call to Man U - didn't want to get injured or involved - 3

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Stockdale - 7. Solid.
Bruno - 8. Our second most creative player
Dunk - 5.5. Unlucky with the slip and very fortunate as gave Ipswich a blatant pen which the ref somehow did not give
Goldson - 6.5. Not bad, distribution needs to improve
Calderon - 6. Did well against a speedy player
Murphy - 2. Terrible. Been this bad since we lost a proper left back.
Kayal - 5. Reminds me a lot of bridcutt. Seems lost in the last third.
Stephens - 4. Very poor, gave ball away 5-6 times, needs a rest
Crofts - 7. Did well.
Parra - 8. very bright and creative.
Hemed - 5. Too slow and isolated.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Subs:

Agree with all of these apart from maybe a bit harsh on Crofts, thought he did well. . Really impressed with Goldson, easily MOM for me.

Getting a bit distressed with Dunk, there is a calamity of some sort virtually every game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Stockdale obviously has some sort of issue.....was wringing his right hand during the warm-up at Brentford as well (didn't stop him having a blinder though). Looked like his thumb on Friday.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Frustrating!

Stockdale 8. Not sure he could do anything about the goal. Otherwise great shot-stopping and decent distribution.
Bruno 8. A very good performance again.
Dunk 3. He cost us the game, no excuses. And then to make another schoolboy error a few minutes later. CONCENTRATE!
Goldson 8. Excellent. He should keep his place in the starting line-up.
Calderon 4. Gives everything, but not a LB .... and our wide man on the left suffers considerably from not having a left footer behind him. Time for Chicksen.
Kayal 6. Not at his best, but an OK game.
Stephens 6. Ditto.
Crofts 6. Decent without standing out.
VLP 7. More than any other of our attacking players he was at least trying to make things happen, BUT his crossing needs considerable improvement.
Murphy 7. Best game for a while, but not back to his best.
Hemed 4. Drop him.

Subs:
Zamora 8. Showed Hemed what being a target man is all about. Should definitely have started. Well done, Bobby.
Wilson 4. Did very little. If he wasn't 100% he shouldn't have been on the bench.
Manu 7. Tried to make things happen. He should start on Friday when we are without VLP.

Manager 4. For a) starting with one striker at home, b) not starting with Bobby.

theboybilly

Stockdale 7 - excellent distribution

Bruno 6 - some nice touches but let their winger get in too many crosses

Dunk 4 - cost us the match with his lapse of concentration and then nearly did the same thing a few minutes later

Goldson 8 - solid and very good on the ball

Calderon 5 - we all love Inigo but he is really struggling at left back. Time for Chicksen

Crofts 7 - broke things up and passed it well

Stephens 6 - saw a lot of the ball but was occasionally a bit ponderous

Kayal 5 - not his usual self. Sloppy

Van la Parra 6 - tried to make things happen but rarely got crosses into the box

Murphy 6 - a few promising runs but no final product

Hemed 5 - didn't hold it up well and didn't make himself an option enough

Subs:

Zamora 7 - sharp. Should have started

Wilson 5 - didn't get into it

Manu 6 - unpredictable but his pace caused them a couple of problems

I think I would pretty much agree with all of this

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stockdale 7 superb again
Bruno 7 sublime at times
Calderon 5 couldn't cope with Sears
Dunk 4 deary me. Two more dreadful errors
Goldson 7 a mixed bag, sometimes calm and assured but also a bit agricultural at times.
Kayal 6 tired
Stephens 6 ditto
Crofts 6 I didn't see as many positives as most on here
Murphy 5 severely lacking form
Vlp 6 decision making sometimes poor but looked more threatening than the rest
Hemed 6 marked up a point for creating the original chance for the disallowed goal

Zamora 7 unlucky with that half volley
Manu 6 positive cameo
Wilson 5 no impact

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here