Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has Zamora done to upset Chris???

D

Deleted member 2719

In Hughton post match interview he implied that bobby couldn't start..........please Chris tell us why???

Quality is needed when your best team isn't available, so get Zamora playing as many minutes as possible.

I do hope Chris isn't going all defensive again.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He scored goals. He scored goals in consecutive games. He has ability and can control a football. He brings others into play. He wins the ball in the air.

I'm guessing one of those reasons.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is there any reason why we can't start with Bobby, then bring on Hemed when he tires? There's more chance of us being ahead at half-time, then the opposition are chasing the game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Saving him for Wolves......

Not sure really, i owuld have started him but perhaps he really cant play for long

If we get the best out of Bobby for 25 minutes, then he can't start a game. You don't see subs in the first half unless someone is injured, and with three games in a week, his playing time has to be carefully monitored.
Hemed did score against Ipswich at Portman Road, so I can see why he started tonight.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If we get the best out of Bobby for 25 minutes, then he can't start a game. You don't see subs in the first half unless someone is injured, and with three games in a week, his playing time has to be carefully monitored.
Hemed did score against Ipswich at Portman Road, so I can see why he started tonight.

Agreed. Psychologically too it makes sense to start with Hemed rather than Zamora against Ipswich, considering those two goals.

Generally I suspect Zamora comes on rather than starts as towards the end of the game a striker is likely to get a bit more joy than at the start with defences tiring as the game goes on. However, now I think it might be time to give Hemed the advantage of a tired defence as his confidence could well be getting low by now and he desperately needs a goal to turn that around.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
playing 1 up front , at home , in what was effectively a 6 pointer really does show a lack of attacking intent , dominating large parts of the game but failing to score or get a point......attack is the best form of defence i always thought.???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
playing 1 up front , at home , in what was effectively a 6 pointer really does show a lack of attacking intent , dominating large parts of the game but failing to score or get a point......attack is the best form of defence i always thought.???

We did score a goal which was wrongly disallowed.

Hemed was in good form then, he's shown nothing like that for many games now. I still don't get this Zamora stuff. Get his best 25 mins out of him in the first half and then we set the tone of the game, not the opposition. Nurse him to half time and then replace him early in the second half.

Surely no one can say that would have been a worse option than Hemed up front, who was utterly struggling with his movement and touch the entire game, a player unfotunately very low on confidence right now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Zamora starting is a disadvantage. It means we are forced into 1 of 3 subs. So regardless of tactics, injuries, cards we always have to sub him.

Given our 'luck' its too big a risk especially with games coming thick & fast

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

No. It shows a lack of fully fit players.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
And who do suggests plays upfront?

Wilson was ill, Zamora can't last much more than 45min so far better to bring him on in the second half.

Maybe Manu but not really proven yet.

I really felt the starting lineup was our best option given the players available.

It's actually fairly attacking to let Stephens and Kayal to play more advanced.

If they hadn't got the lucky goal I recon we may have nicked on in the first half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here