Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin Ling resigns from Swindon

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
As title states due to health issues.

Previously had time away from the game due to depression so hopefully it isn't that again which has seen him stand down from his role. A subject quite personal to me as per my thread from earlier this year.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As title states due to health issues.

Previously had time away from the game due to depression so hopefully it isn't that again which has seen him stand down from his role. A subject quite personal to me as per my thread from earlier this year.
He's a good coach by all accounts, perhaps the slightly less pressurised position of assistant or first team coach would suit him better. Got to feel for the bloke, it's the second time depression has caused his resignation.

Are you and your dad ok anyway, he doesn't seem to be on here as much recently?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Couldn't believe how many ex-Albion they have there _ Kazim, Rogers, Barry, Branco, el Abd (on loan) and Obika at a quick count

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
He's a good coach by all accounts, perhaps the slightly less pressurised position of assistant or first team coach would suit him better. Got to feel for the bloke, it's the second time depression has caused his resignation.

Are you and your dad ok anyway, he doesn't seem to be on here as much recently?

Personally myself I'm a lot better than I was, still not 100% but getting there :thumbsup: Dad is also improving, he's taking a hiatus from being online for a while but no doubt he'll be back on here some time in the New Year

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Personally myself I'm a lot better than I was, still not 100% but getting there :thumbsup: Dad is also improving, he's taking a hiatus from being online for a while but no doubt he'll be back on here some time in the New Year
Good to hear fella. Looking forward to seeing your dad back on here too.

:)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A decent honourable man, what he has been through is scary

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451423218.287807.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451423180.258406.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451423180.258406.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 374

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
That sounds horrendous, poor fella. Hope he gets sorted and receives the help he needs.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Horrible news. There is a lot to the story before there was a story, I know he'd applied a few times years and years ago and I think he even turned it down once because of his mental health. He was determined to be their manager, and he's done it. And done it well.

Massive shame it couldn't have lasted longer for him but he conquered his own mind to do the job, so congratulations to him and all the best in future, genuine sentiment from me there.

Also, very good to see you back [MENTION=4313]RM-Taylor[/MENTION], hope you're looking after yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here