Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barca Sack New Signing Over Twitter Posts

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
More importantly it's a reminder of the sheer amount of soft cocks that now swarm about the planet being offended by anything and everything.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Where was the due diligence? What sort of muppets are working at Barca?

The tweets were from 2013. It's not like he signed for Barca, tweeted some sh*t and then got sacked. He tweeted this stuff (or if you believe him, his friend did) two years before he was offered the contract with Barca. WTF is wrong with their recruitment team that they didn't check this BEFORE offering him a job?!

If they were going to check they should have checked earlier. I hope he sues the cr*p out of them just because they have been so stupid.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
lol what an idiot. That's basically like an English player saying 'F*ck Scotland' and then going to play for rangers or celtic.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
lol what an idiot. That's basically like an English player saying 'F*ck Scotland' and then going to play for rangers or celtic.

Or doing this when you're a big daft English boy playing for Rangers in an Old Firm game...

_44442800_gascoignerangers416.jpg

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
I doubt the player in question ever thought he'd be signed by Barcelona. A Real Madrid-supporting League-2-standard player who Barcelona thought would be useful to bolster their failing B-team, currently in danger of a second successive relegation and a fall into the wasteland of the Catalan group of the regional leagues.

I have no problem with Barcelona doing this - Deportivo did exactly the same thing with a player their B-team signed during the summer - but it causes me no end of amusement how they get tied up in knots with their rank hypocrasy on the Catalan issue.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I doubt the player in question ever thought he'd be signed by Barcelona. A Real Madrid-supporting League-2-standard player who Barcelona thought would be useful to bolster their failing B-team, currently in danger of a second successive relegation and a fall into the wasteland of the Catalan group of the regional leagues.

I have no problem with Barcelona doing this - Deportivo did exactly the same thing with a player their B-team signed during the summer - but it causes me no end of amusement how they get tied up in knots with their rank hypocrasy on the Catalan issue.
genuine question, how are they hypocritical ?

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
genuine question, how are they hypocritical ?

Barcelona has always laid claim to this Catalan question, something that has featured throughout their history, though even before they became the corporate monolith they are today I doubt their actual fans were any more pro-independence than the rest of Catalunya, which is to say not that much. In the post-Franco era it was the completely apolitical Nunez and Gaspart who kept getting elected as President by the members to the annoyance of their flag-waving opponents. It was 25 years before the Catalan-nationalist (and narcissicist) Laporta got elected.

Now of course they are an international brand reliant on their enormous income because of their global appeal. You can hardly claim your club represents a certain type of nationalism when the overwhelming majority of your supporters are unaware of it, and many of the Spanish ones would be openly hostile to it (around 25% of all Spaniards identify Barcelona as their main team).

At this moment we have the first time ever when there seems like there might be a majority of Catalans in favour of Catalan independence. Although I'm very much in favour of self-determination I'd like to know what is driving this current nationalist trend - however in the case of the institution of FCB they are, naturally, all in favour of Catalan independence, but very much in favour or remaining part of the Spanish League - unsurprising since a Catalan League would mark the exodus of all their financial clout. That's a circle they can never square.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Barcelona has always laid claim to this Catalan question, something that has featured throughout their history, though even before they became the corporate monolith they are today I doubt their actual fans were any more pro-independence than the rest of Catalunya, which is to say not that much. In the post-Franco era it was the completely apolitical Nunez and Gaspart who kept getting elected as President by the members to the annoyance of their flag-waving opponents. It was 25 years before the Catalan-nationalist (and narcissicist) Laporta got elected.

Now of course they are an international brand reliant on their enormous income because of their global appeal. You can hardly claim your club represents a certain type of nationalism when the overwhelming majority of your supporters are unaware of it, and many of the Spanish ones would be openly hostile to it (around 25% of all Spaniards identify Barcelona as their main team).

At this moment we have the first time ever when there seems like there might be a majority of Catalans in favour of Catalan independence. Although I'm very much in favour of self-determination I'd like to know what is driving this current nationalist trend - however in the case of the institution of FCB they are, naturally, all in favour of Catalan independence, but very much in favour or remaining part of the Spanish League - unsurprising since a Catalan League would mark the exodus of all their financial clout. That's a circle they can never square.
Thks mate.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Slightly insane though as they were made TWO years ago !

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I've just noticed he's tweeted that Brighton is a dump and that the itower will snap in half once Adele has a ride on it.

He's also tweeted that he wouldn't have Peter Ward in his team because all he did was wave at the crowd.

#He'sgotanerve

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here