Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Van La Parra wants to end loan spell with a bang [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Rajiv van La Parra*has pledged to end his loan spell at Albion with a bang against Ipswich tonight.
The Dutch winger’s stint at the Amex officially ends on Saturday but he is ineligible to face parent club Wolves on Friday.
Van La Parra, who has contributed two goals and two assists in five games, has a final chance against Ipswich to prove to boss Chris Hughton he can be a longer term replacement for Solly March, ruled out for the rest of the season by serious knee damage.

Van La Parra told The Argus: “It’s going to be a big night and I’m going to do my best to put in a big performance. If it is going to be my last game it will remind them I am a good player.
“I know my qualities and I’m not at 100 per cent yet. That says a lot. I lost a lot of confidence (at Wolves), not playing games.”
Meanwhile, Tomer Hemed wants to repay the faith Hughton has showed in him.
The Israeli striker, on target twice at Ipswich earlier in the season, has remained a regular starter despite one goal in his last 15 outings.
Hemed said: “Of course I remember the game at Ipswich – it was a great game. I got two goals and we went to the top of the table.
“It will be another tough match. They had a dip after that but have come right back to form in the last few weeks.
“Every match is a different story. The manager has showed faith in me and hopefully even when I haven’t scored I have worked for the team and helped set up other players.”
Development squad centre-back Tom Dallison could be among the substitutes for Albion tonight with Gordon Greer and Uwe Huenemeier both out injured.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here